Whats in it for me?

isoaritfirst

This isn’t quite right because it is different in the USA and US usage tends to creep in here, but put an s in the verb and a c in the noun, and no one should complain.

Meanwhile - steering this back on topic...

"Whats in it for me?"

Yes - Practise ! - for any type of competition

Its the bit that turns aimlessly wandering about the sky into something purposeful

• Like 1

F3F, like rally driving. Just want to do each run as fast as the condition will allow. Just want to be faster and place better.

I learned to stop correcting people's spelling ages ago. Just stoked you can't see my handwriting 😉

Agree Pete. Learning to concentrate is key. 

One of those things that some might just think it’s either in your makeup or it isn’t  

It is a skill that remember learning. 

Winter league F3F for me ...............  when it's possible that is.

I'm not keen on big comps.  And, I don't get enough practice! - It's my preference and I checked it on my MS Word thesaurus  😲

😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is something quite daunting about competition.  I have tried f3k, f5b and f3f. 

Each time, with far inferior weaponry to and ability all other competitors,  I was not going along to win but just put myself out on the course.

This weekend I have a competitive model , so I will feel even more pressure but with no practise and still no ability, my goal will be to go home with it in one piece! 

However, the advantage of competition is that it puts you on the same hill with the good guys and these are your ticket to flying better.  They can help with tips, local knowledge, their experience of the type of model etc. 

LMSA members, see you Saturday. Bring your top tips!!

andy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

isoaritfirst

Like you said Andy,

first step to improvement is coming along to an events.

second is coming to another.

It may take time before you find the magic of competing but the journey is worth the effort  

I agree that practise does make perfect, but someone  could spend all year on a slope and still not get the best out of their glider.

This is why I like to attend the winter league. I can watch others and ask advise, or is it advice!!! 

and for a few like Jerry Scram and myself the days that we manage to get to practise are minimal due to where we live in the country and other lifestyle commitments! 

• Like 1