Cannot access my sounds on Taranis XD9. Help! :)

Marc RC pilot

Marc RC pilot

It was all going  smoothly, set my mixes and even managed to assign "mode1",  "mode2",  "mode 3" sounds to my aileron/elevator mix switch...But after some more tinkering I cannot access my sounds when trying to reprogram them ("No SD card" message) and apart from beeping sounds when I am programming the TX, I have lost all voice sounds...

I check the SD card and all sound files are there and working if play them through PC.  

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks 

20190723_054145.jpg

Have you upgraded the firmware on the transmitter? You might need to upgrade the SD card layout as well. I've not updated mine recently, but I have had this issue previously. I recommend you get over to the openrcforums and ask there.

not sure what version you are running.  But on 2.2.2 the root of your SD card should look something like.

image.png.f9fc6b2e8752d51701ebc21bc8fe7ffe.png

contents of SOUNDS would be list of language folders 

image.png.2648af5d8d8896676139781b80f947f1.png

contents of EN would be 

image.png.ed776a096c0ae5605928b4761bc2d986.png

if youve not changed anything update  or file wise and youve lost the sounds all of a sudden, take out the SD Card and give the contacts a whip and re insert can sort it

Marc RC pilot

Thank you gentlemen ( thx cirrusRC for list). I will double check/tinker and get back with results.

👍

do you have the SYSTEM folder in en folder?

have you tried Rich's suggestion of taking out SD card and cleaning?  :)

are you able to play the sound files off the SD card?

Marc RC pilot

Open Ttx-x9d+:

Version 2.2.3 (date  2019-01-07)

I went to back up a model but getting a "no SD card " reading on screen.  Weird because I can read it from my PC. Maybe I turned some SD card option off? Or maybe when I took the TX apart and removed both ribbons to get access to case and did not put them back correctly (which I am thinking could be the cause)?  

I gave the SD card a clean for good measures.

Marc RC pilot
Just now, cirrusRC said:

do you have the SYSTEM folder in en folder?

have you tried Rich's suggestion of taking out SD card and cleaning?  :)

are you able to play the sound files off the SD card?

Will check SYSTEM folder in en cirrusRC

Cleaned sd card yes.

Yes can play sounds off sd card through pc.

Thx

what about SD card in the TX - can you browse contents via usb lead?   If not then low level hardware.

otherwise - try a new SD card and create a new SD contents from the opentx downloads area.

Marc RC pilot

Yes there is a SYSTEM folder in en

No joy with connecting tx with usb cable (blue screen/had to remove battery as TX would not shut off)

I checked the ribbons connections  and all seem good, apart from a little "nob" that runs on two of the ribon channels where I must have dented it the other day when taking it apart.

Seems strange that it all works fine on sd through pc but not on tx... 

It is a new sd card (16g smallest they had) as I had issues with the original one. Will try and reload software again to see if it makes any difference.

Thx 

1 hour ago, Marc Sinclair said:

Or maybe when I took the TX apart and removed both ribbons to get access to case and did not put them back correctly (which I am thinking could be the cause)?  

I gave the SD card a clean for good measures.

If you can't read the SD card from the TX then sounds like something hardware related.      To confirm have you done any upgrades or changes recently prior to this issue?

Marc RC pilot

I took tx apart to have a look at the aerial connection (I need to order/ replace broken antenna) and took ribbons apart. I also remember tinkering with the software. I do not know r which was the cause as I did it together/my brain was frazzled tbh.  

Now my screen is flickering and making low level interference sounds after further re-fitting of ribbons...just keeps getting better... :D

I think the cheapest/logical option is to purchase two new ribbons whilst I put in an order for a new antenna. Or just get the sledge hammer out and feel better

All good and learning along the way I guess. 

Marc RC pilot
52 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Marc

Have you seen your reply received from Sloper today?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

No m8, on it now. Thx for head's up Pete 👍