Adding scenery and sounds to CRRCSim

tonym

Installing new scenery and sounds in to CRRCSim

Download some spectacular scenery from http://joel.lienard.free.fr/crrcsim/index.html - the French section has more locations than the English so download from that page.

These are compressed files which need extracting into the scenery folder in CRRCSim
The downloaded zip files should be in your Downloads folder. Open another instance of File Explorer - you could double click your Recycle Bin to get a second window.

Move the windows around so they overlap like this - move mouse pointer to title bar at top of a window hold left button down and move mouse. If windows are maximized click restore down button next to close button top right corner of window.
extracted.thumb.png.4049a3c407a373751c5e04dc6736c280.png

Go to Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > CRRCSim > scenery - you'll see cape_cod, cape_cod-orig, davis, etc.
I've already installed ColFaisses2, GrandRocher and Valbonnais2

In the Downloads window double click faisses2 (the file icon has a zip on it to indicate its a compressed file with more files inside).
Extract in pink (on my fresh Win10 install) shows in the title bar at the top - see above. You see the folder and file that are the scenery for ColFaisses2.
Drag the ColFaisses2_files folder to the scenery folder, when you let go the mouse button a window will open for permission to copy the files, click Continue, the folder should appear in the scenery folder. Repeat for the ColFaisses2 file. If both folder and file show in the scenery folder you have successfully added the Col de Faisses scenery to CRRCSim.
permission.thumb.png.23c34020bd568257a8ff9de4cf79cb16.png

Repeat for other scenery zip files you have downloaded.

If you would sooner someone else do this, it'll take me a 20th of the time to do than it has to type this up 🙂 PM me or call me if you already have my mobile no.

Do the same for the english sound files, except extract the whole english folder in to the sounds folder in CRRCSim > sounds > F3F folder - english.zip
english.thumb.png.f1c280de8f490502c47c5a382e4d6994.png

dragndrop.png

Edited by tonym
extranius text and added about French page having more loactions to download.

isoaritfirst

Once you have the scenery you may need to adjust the wind direct to suit the slope.

Also to fly the side of G R that I flew took a bit of fiddling with the base positions. as you adjust your centre position the bases move around you.

Dont think that I am now central to the bases but the slope is better where I have them laid out.

I wonder if anyone can help as I'm having trouble adding more scenery. I keep getting this message while trying to transfer the files.

Capture.PNG

Possible corrupt download? Try this one perhaps? Windows should ask for permission to copy to the /scenery folder as its outside your user area, does a permission window come up when first trying to copy the files? Click Yes to allow

grand_rocher.zip

Think I've done it. for some reason the XML file wouldn't copy directly into the scenery file. I opened it into another folder and then moved it from there. Odd!

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

Have a look at the settings I was using in other thread. 
Andy “says” he is using them as well. 
🤣