Exit strategy

oipigface

Can’t set a definite date yet, but don’t you think it would be good to hold a celebratory competition as soon as the current restrictions are lifted enough to allow travel and gatherings of more than 2 people? I’ve still got the trophies from last year’s abortive Woollyback, so I would propose repurposing them by calling it Woollyback 2019.

• Like 4

I can easily carve an additional inscription on these, Pete. I made them from bits of scrap plywood, so they are nothing fancy. ..........O! And I don’t think either of us will still be around in 20020, but I know what you mean.

• 3 months later...

I hear from BBC News that outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people will be permitted In Wales from Monday 3 August. My diary is full next weekend (8/9), but I think I’ll keep an eye on the weather with the intention of running the Post Pandemic Woollyback at the Bwlch the following weekend.

• Like 1

you spoke to soon John ...........😷  looks like that wont happen on Aug 3rd now , although in saying that the First minister still seems to give a positive message 

6 hours ago, Andy_B said:

you spoke to soon John ...........😷  looks like that wont happen on Aug 3rd now , although in saying that the First minister still seems to give a positive message 

What have you been reading, Andy?

Any more news on post pandemic Woolyback, current forecast for weekend of 15/16th August is 15mph SW to W and no rain.

Would you set up a course, and can you get the key to Mickeys slope.

David

The plan has progressed a little. The key has almost certainly been procured thanks to Joel and JP and Mark T can bring A frames as long as Calderdale is not locked down again. This leaves us short of timing gear, so if anyone has timing gear that they can bring or just make available to be brought by someone else, please let me know. Mark has also prepared a risk assessment for GBSRA events. We will follow its recommendations, which mostly involve lavish and frequent use of hand sanitisers whenever anyone touches anything. I will make sure we have adequate supplies of any extra stuff that is needed to do this.

Apart from that the plan remains the same. I’ll wait until I can see a 7-Day forecast for the Bwlch, then open an entry list and let you know what extra rules will apply as specified by the Welsh government. So expect to hear from me again on Sunday evening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Hi John,

I have a set of the latest timing gear we could use.      
G

Thanks Graeme. That means that as long as the weather plays ball we’ll have a comp!

• Like 1

Do we know it the B&Bs are open in that area yet?

If not I'll do one  of the days John if it goes ahead. 

Just now, isoaritfirst said:

Iirc the plan is a one day comp Les. Just may be either sat or Sunday dependant in forecast. 

Cheers Mike

8 minutes ago, Les said:

Do we know it the B&Bs are open in that area yet?

I’ve just mailed my usual doss house to see of he’s open, I’ll let you know his reply.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

I’ve just mailed my usual doss house to see of he’s open, I’ll let you know his reply.

My reply was... B&B’s can reopen from the 13th July, however my booking had been cancelled so it’s wise to re-check.

G

• Like 1