Jump to content
oipigface

Exit strategy

Recommended Posts

oipigface

Can’t set a definite date yet, but don’t you think it would be good to hold a celebratory competition as soon as the current restrictions are lifted enough to allow travel and gatherings of more than 2 people? I’ve still got the trophies from last year’s abortive Woollyback, so I would propose repurposing them by calling it Woollyback 2019.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil.Taylor

Excellent idea !

Phil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wookman

I'm in OPF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete beadle

Hi all

Trouble is, the way the predictions are going at the moment, the trophy is going to have to be either inscribed as 2019 and 2020 OR a brand new trophy for 20020!

Great idea though! I hope it is only 2019:)

Regards

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

I can easily carve an additional inscription on these, Pete. I made them from bits of scrap plywood, so they are nothing fancy. ..........O! And I don’t think either of us will still be around in 20020, but I know what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete beadle

Hi OPF

I'm absolutely certain none of us will still be here in 20020 mate!:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

I hear from BBC News that outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people will be permitted In Wales from Monday 3 August. My diary is full next weekend (8/9), but I think I’ll keep an eye on the weather with the intention of running the Post Pandemic Woollyback at the Bwlch the following weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
William

Hooray!!! Thanks John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
William

I'm off that weekend (16th/17th). Put my name down please, don't want to miss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B

The week before the English open JT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B

you spoke to soon John ...........😷  looks like that wont happen on Aug 3rd now , although in saying that the First minister still seems to give a positive message 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
6 hours ago, Andy_B said:

you spoke to soon John ...........😷  looks like that wont happen on Aug 3rd now , although in saying that the First minister still seems to give a positive message 

What have you been reading, Andy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Fingers Crossed. 
 

it would be great to get a comp in sometime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
f3fisa

Any more news on post pandemic Woolyback, current forecast for weekend of 15/16th August is 15mph SW to W and no rain.

Would you set up a course, and can you get the key to Mickeys slope.

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

The plan has progressed a little. The key has almost certainly been procured thanks to Joel and JP and Mark T can bring A frames as long as Calderdale is not locked down again. This leaves us short of timing gear, so if anyone has timing gear that they can bring or just make available to be brought by someone else, please let me know. Mark has also prepared a risk assessment for GBSRA events. We will follow its recommendations, which mostly involve lavish and frequent use of hand sanitisers whenever anyone touches anything. I will make sure we have adequate supplies of any extra stuff that is needed to do this.

Apart from that the plan remains the same. I’ll wait until I can see a 7-Day forecast for the Bwlch, then open an entry list and let you know what extra rules will apply as specified by the Welsh government. So expect to hear from me again on Sunday evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alibabaj

Hi John,

I have a set of the latest timing gear we could use.      
G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
4 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

Hi John,

I have a set of the latest timing gear we could use.      
G

Thanks Graeme. That means that as long as the weather plays ball we’ll have a comp!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les

Do we know it the B&Bs are open in that area yet?

If not I'll do one  of the days John if it goes ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Iirc the plan is a one day comp Les. Just may be either sat or Sunday dependant in forecast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
Just now, isoaritfirst said:

Iirc the plan is a one day comp Les. Just may be either sat or Sunday dependant in forecast. 

Cheers Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • Phil.Taylor
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.