Daily Picasim Virtual F3K duration challenge - 17/4/20

tonym

1. Mark E - 26:35
  2. Paul R - 21:08
  3. Jon - 10:58
  4. Tony M - 8:10*

* no better, screenshot on other PC that I dismantle and move off kitchen table.

New PB for myself, found some more lift on the way back from downwind, 20.27 

This game is getting addictive. 

9DB1D888-5746-428B-8DE8-AE54D71D8835.png

• Like 3

Nice Mark!

I'll get a few flights in soon, busy morning keeping out of way of cleaner by doing a bit of gardening.

Nice flight Mark.

I managed a few seconds more than that this morning before work, didn't get a chance to post it until my lunch break though.

21.08. Don't think I'll have time to try and do better until this evening... With a few 8-12 minute flights and a 20+ one its easy to lose an hour of lunchtime!

Screenshot (92).png

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, and I was waiting for you to post a better time, lol.

Kinda got used to the touch screen sticks on my phone now, I did look into trying to get the windows version working on my Mac last night but playonmac didn’t seem to be working properly and I like to keep my Mac clean for only photo editing anyway so gave it a miss and will stick to my phone.

Now, who’s gonna break 30min first? 😂

StraightEdge

So I know I'm (currently!) bringing up the rear, but this evening was the very first time I got a proper hang of the DLG setup - PC tablet to TV using actual TX

Launched straight into a big thermal, maxed at 280m (there doesn't seem to be a tick-box to record max altitude?), got dizzy as the sky kept going round and round, then bumped along a few minor ones on the way down.

The Windows version doesn't stop the timer on landing (no tick-box for that either?) so hit pause-button as fast as I could.

10:58

Jon

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

Better than I managed today Jon. I find I get a time after the 'distance from you' landing is calculated - seems you lose a few seconds or tenths the further you land away from yourself, that's what my Windows system does I think 🙂

Where's the height thing, I've not seen that yet.

I don’t think the challenge option gives you the height, it doesn’t on my IPhone either, and like you say in challenge you lose points for landing further away. 

I’m pretty addicted to this game now, I’m hoping it will make my real flying smoother when we are allowed back out 😂

Thanks for running this Tony, it’s real good fun! 

StraightEdge

Just checked - Mark is right, you can't get height and any other data aside from time on the Challenge option.

I was using the Free Flying rather than the Challenge option which I should have been on... so better scratch my 10:58 above!?

With FF all the usual things like ground-speed, air-speed, altitude etc are available via Options 2 menu.

PS - yes, thanks Tony for setting this up!

No worries Jon, your score stands, no penalty for 'flying the wrong slot'.

I'll have to fly FF and see how high I go, I feel I hit the 'ceiling' sometimes as the model seems to go no higher 🙂

StraightEdge

Cheers Tony - although be aware that under FF you can change lots of things like launch speed, thermal density etc (*), so in future I'll just have to stick to Challenge for a level 'thermal' field amongst the competitors.

* = I only changed launch speed on my recorded flight, didn't touch thermals, but had the benefit of raw altitude data in real time (changes colour when ascending).