Grand Rocher settings and runs

tonym

Scenery for Grand Rocher here - http://joel.lienard.free.fr/crrcsim/index.html

How to install here:

Using the settings suggested by Mike E, how quick can you do an F3F run?

On 20/04/2020 at 15:43, isoaritfirst said:

alternative launch setting that seems more realistic to me

launch2.png.0649d5e73c44d97911c929bb70a9a489.png

On 20/04/2020 at 09:59, isoaritfirst said:

Controls > mixer

set as Dual -rate and reduce throws, try to make it react like the real thing, not spinning around its axis like a top.

Make elevator slightly softer, again makes flying in poorer lift or with too much ballast more realistic.

I like a little down elevator trim, and vary this up to 0.04

Also try aileron to rudder mix, and flap mix.

mixer.png.7152d1658f715a91217c7c9f96199c76.png

On 20/04/2020 at 09:55, isoaritfirst said:

Wind direction, etc.

wind.png.3f2157f3f2b5d7862ff0047dc278608a.png

On 20/04/2020 at 09:54, isoaritfirst said:

F3f game > base positions and wind direction

bases.png.11da55e26e36a1c51fff4ade1e012dd7.png

I did at least a dozen runs, several crashes and cuts. Best I could manage was 43.16 (another 5 in the mid-40s)

I find myself getting further and further away from the slope, and lower and lower. Got to get better control.

43-16.png.a81a964819c0f0648b4f27a1d8b94576.png

Nice one this is more like it, the settings and this hill seems to give a more accurate realistic feel and response to the way you fly it. get closer into the edge and it pays off, getting plenty of mid to low 30s

just cant seem to figure how to get sound working on this video app, its called Debute, if anyone is familiar with it?

• Like 3

I'm not familiar with Debut but in the OBS recorder I use I had to set up both video and audio inputs. Have a look in Options and select Speakers?

debut-video-capture-2.jpg

Trying to emulate Richard's flight I've just destroyed a dozen or more models, scared the living sh1t out of others on the slope, and been told to stop 🙂

I'll try again tomorrow.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonym said:

Trying to emulate Richard's flight I've just destroyed a dozen or more models, scared the living sh1t out of others on the slope, and been told to stop 🙂

I'll try again tomorrow.

Wait till you see john Phillips if he has a go

isoaritfirst

If you have all the numbers correct, you should be central. Wind is very slightly from the right. Model launches direct into wind. 
I have left side as base A. 
I also fly a rated down crossfire, rated to a more realistic level.

Richard I think the FS is unrealistically agile, also turn your launch settings down. Model drops off the edge and has to be dived to gather speed in my settings., and ideally thermals sort 

4 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

If you have all the numbers correct, you should be central. Wind is very slightly from the right. Model launches direct into wind. 
I have left side as base A. 
I also fly a rated down crossfire, rated to a more realistic level.

Richard I think the FS is unrealistically agile, also turn your launch settings down. Model drops off the edge and has to be dived to gather speed in my settings., and ideally thermals sort 

Hi mike I've copied the setting off this thread have a look at the video at the beginning were I check the setting. 

Agreed I've kept my freestyler settings as it is alot closer feel to my models, you know I like em to grip ;)

And your right had to dive a little to get it to move

isoaritfirst

👍🏻Can’t see the numbers on my phone. 
Crossfire is far too soft on the elevator settings I have, but it will turn quick when the speed and conditions allow. Fly it heavy and you have to start the turn very early. 
Not the fastest way around but somehow adds something rather than detracts. 

8 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

I tried a video earlier but pretty much stopped the sim running. Became very juddery

Try turn down the scenery quality on the location setting I found that worked as my computer was crashing on high def

14 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

👍🏻Can’t see the numbers on my phone. 
Crossfire is far too soft on the elevator settings I have, but it will turn quick when the speed and conditions allow. Fly it heavy and you have to start the turn very early. 
Not the fastest way around but somehow adds something rather than detracts. 

There no ballast setting on the freestyler which keeps it gripping flying lighter

isoaritfirst

I know and agree, i. Just don’t think it’s such a realistic model. It’s fun and it’s  fast  It makes the conditions feel stronger. 
It doesn’t matter what you choose to fly but if we wish to compare then the modelling of these may or may not have been done by the same set of criteria, they may not be equal or representative when compared to each other. 

Mike ...whats one mans meat is anothers gravy ...........I can get the crossfire to launch like Rich but it has to be light   as is his Freestyler ...and the fully ballested Crossfire doesdnt launch like that ...but quite unrealistically  you can just pull the up and it carries on ....................horses for courses ............on your settings I got down to a low 34 

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

all I was looking for was a base that gave equal (ish) game conditions for all. It matters not, I only chose the Crossfire to meet that set of criteria as it appears to be the original sim model. 

but others can fly what they like and in what ever conditions they like. 
the suggestion was just to keep it as even as possible. 

isoaritfirst

Best I managed I think was around 37. 
But it was giving very consistent times around 40 -42. ( I’m no good at comp games)

consistency is what I was looking for, trying to fly every flight that I launched. Any basis for a comp needs to either focus on Ftd - no matter what, which if fine for a game. Or fly six rounds back to back, crash and it still counts. 
maybe comp could be launch at specified times. Such as 10 sec either side of a dead minute and with 4 minute spaced. No opportunity to scrap a launch if the conditions don’t look favourable or fly a risky ds launch route as crashing would be a zero score. 

13 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Mike ...whats one mans meat is anothers gravy ...........I can get the crossfire to launch like Rich but it has to be light   as is his Freestyler ...and the fully ballested Crossfire doesdnt launch like that ...but quite unrealistically  you can just pull the up and it carries on ....................horses for courses ............on your settings I got down to a low 34 

yea i try the other models and i feel they dont fly so good even ballasted, sometimes they go well and then slow off to quick, just like a good day at levisham ;)

2 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

Best I managed I think was around 37. 
But it was giving very consistent times around 40 -42. ( I’m no good at comp games)

consistency is what I was looking for, trying to fly every flight that I launched. Any basis for a comp needs to either focus on Ftd - no matter what, which if fine for a game. Or fly six rounds back to back, crash and it still counts. 
maybe comp could be launch at specified times. Such as 10 sec either side of a dead minute and with 4 minute spaced. No opportunity to scrap a launch if the conditions don’t look favourable or fly a risky ds launch route as crashing would be a zero score. 

Agreed mike, a virtual competition needs to reflect typical F3F comp with consecutive rounds which you get what you get and thats it, if we can video these runs and submit our 5 runs in the same time,  i think that would reflect true f3f more

isoaritfirst

Crossfire doesn’t fly so well. That was the point really. 
you can make it fly much better if you up the wind speed. 
🤣