Help need set up picasim to work wit Taranis

thechalster

thechalster

Hi,

trying to get pica some to work with Taranis,  is this possible?

is there a idiots guide anywhere.  I have a son who is taking a interest and what him to learn with a transmitter.

mike c

StraightEdge

Did you get it all working in the end?

I bought the wireless dongle from FrSky for mine, and because I've only got Picasim on an old small PC tablet with tiny memory etc I cleared all the bloatware off it and use a micro-HDMI cable to 'project' it onto the 32" wide-screen TV, which works a treat!

Something else I discovered is that, whereas all other variables are set via Picasim's menus, for Expo you need to set this on your TX - i.e. the menu screen only provides for 'deadband' around the stick-centre, not Expo as such.

I found the set up of the controls very funky and a lot harder than flying the model :)     The software doesn't seem to play nicely with my TX programming.

That said,   for a freebie  Pica is quite impressive.     The centering physics was quite realistic when thermalling.     I find the feathered help pretty unhelpful though.     The birds down my local field are far more friendly :)