My Gast Vacuum pump. Customer service at its best.

oipigface

More than a decade I bought a Gast vacuum pump from ebay for next to nothing. Under £25,  if I remember right. It works, but has not been perfect ever since I got it. It’s got one foot broken, and the the filter has never been effective because the plastic housing was smashed. 
Recently, I’ve been using it quite often and I thought it deserved refurbishing a bit, so I contacted Gast’s representatives in Redditch to see if the smashed filter was still available. Today an unexpected parcel arrived including new filter housing and three filters. No mention of any payment! Now I’m looking for a metal plate to bolt the three good legs to. Then it will be as good as new. 

C94CEEC3-EA2A-44FB-ABA1-D6C23E880B7F.thumb.jpeg.842003a4dc4d2cdefc275983ed462c35.jpeg

John Minchell

Just been looking to rebuild mine, but I need some new carbon vanes and they are about £150.

I would have to cut them down from larger ones so a bit wary of spending the money, then not cutting to the size accurately with tapered wipeing edges on the vane pump.  The twin piston pump I can't get the electric motor to start or run - a capacitor issue I think, but not being an electrician I'm stumped. 

Was hoping to finish a couple of sets of wings and tails over winter.

John M