LDS servo arm pins

William

I installed LDS on my Pitbull and all was well for 6 months and then at the Welsh Open one of the pins on my Servorahmen arm worked its way out and impinged on the servo. I sorted it out and resolved to check them every few months, so have just had a look and the pins have slid out and are gouging the servo case (see picture).

How do I stop this from  happening? If I use a blob of thick CA on the edge will I ever be able to get the pin out again? I also saw on the Baudis website that oiling of the pins is required every few months which I have never done, is this part of the problem?

AilPin.JPG

• Sad 1

William   Baudis recommendation is the pins in the surfaces I think   not at the servo arm end , I've had these in my drops for 18 months and theve not moved at all 

Andy

Thanks Andy

Interesting that your pins haven't moved; my install is obviously not great then (slightly skew geometry causing the pins to move?) but still, it works fine and I'm happy with it - I just need to stop the pins from shuffling out the side.

I guess the pin is too hard to flatten the end away from the end that comes out and slip it back in and wedge it in? 

Blob of araldite on the hub to stop the pin coming out. 

Epoxy board glued to the top of the servo for the end of the pin to bear on as the hub moves thus preventing the pin coming out. 

Just chucking a couple of ideas out there for you Will. 

Cheers Graham.

A blob of Araldite would certainly do it but, in case I ever need to change servo's, a blob of CA might be easier to 'chip' off to allow the pin to slide out. I am also considering getting some wire that's the same diameter as the pin and making an 'L' shaped pin and tacking the bent leg to the servo arm with a blob of CA.

I'm surprised no-one has had this happen before - hope it doesn't indicate a botched install😱.

I have this setup in three of my gliders and not had any problems, but will check mine now that you have this issue.

Eddy.