Servo tray glue

Marc RC pilot

Marc RC pilot

Thinking of getting some rubber toughened CA glue after hearing about it on another thread. Looks ideal for servo tray jobs and other things like control horns etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bob-Smith-Industries-IC-2000-Black-Rubber-Toughened-CA-Glue-BSI-1oz-BSI118-/262252098317

image.png.7fcaa3c6a7406148fbc38b3cc6abf724.png

I've got some basic CA glue and 20mins drying time epoxy but thinking the rubber toughened CA glue would make jobs like these easier/quicker/neater and the bond would be less brittle than epoxy. Mainly for gluing to carbon stuff.

What do you think?

Many thanks

Marc

Marc RC pilot

Morning Pete

Thanks for advice. Good point about short op life once opened....

I'm glad you mentioned glue gun because I forgot that I bought one from Tool station a while ago (was going to used for servo installation on wings, but been using 2omins epoxy/micro beeds mix). 

Was looking for something not to flexible for servo trays.

Cheers Pete  

Marc RC pilot
3 minutes ago, satinet said:

Yes it works really well. 

Modern CA products are excellent. I've been using gorilla CA for years. 

Cheers satinet. Gorilla glue? cool name :)  Will look into it. 

Thank you 

38 minutes ago, Marc RC pilot said:

Morning Pete

Thanks for advice. Good point about short op life once opened....

I'm glad you mentioned glue gun because I forgot that I bought one from Tool station a while ago (was going to used for servo installation on wings, but been using 2omins epoxy/micro beeds mix). 

Was looking for something not to flexible for servo trays.

Cheers Pete  

Not sure I'd be confident in hot glue for servo's in the wing but have a look at this glue https://diy.evo-stik.co.uk/product/serious-glue, after test gluing a servo to a piece of scrap ply to check bond strength I was happy to use it to glue servo's in a wing on a F5D pylon racer with a 180-190mph+ setup

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc RC pilot said:

Cheers satinet. Gorilla glue? cool name :)  Will look into it. 

Thank you 

Gorilla CA is a slow, thick CA with one characteristic that makes it stand out: The tube never clogs! I have never glued servos in with it. I always use laminating epoxy and microballoons.

• Like 1