Vest Pokal 2021

k2x

The first weekend in may, perfect flying weather, and no Vest Pokal? No way! I've spontaneously made up my mind to hold this years Vest Pokal this coming weekend.
Since everything is different these days, the Vest Pokal will be different as well. The competion will be held next sunday, 02.05.2021, but not in Herten, but all over Europe. Everybody who signs in by saturday, 01.05.2021 before 16:00 can join the fun. You fly at the flying site of your choice and you are responsible that this complies with the local Corona rules.
On the basis of the registrations, I will create a Glider Score Competition and send you the QR code so you can upload your results. We will fly 6 rounds, no turnaround tasks, so also the ones who have to time for themselves can participate.
Schedule:
10:00 round 1, group 1
10:15 round 1, group 2
10:30 round 2, group 1
etc.
We will be finished by 13:00, so no lunch break required.

To register please send an email to: vestpokal(at)web.de

Prizes: if you competed successfully, you can buy yourself a treat afterwards

I'm looking forward to the response. And nobody will keep you from sleeping in the tent the night before, so it will really feel like a Vest Pokal, as temperatures at night are at the usual level.😀

Kind regards
Ulrich

P.S.: This is not my own idea, Knut Bündgen showed how it works in F5J.
P.S.S.: And the date for the Vest Pokal 2022 ist also set - 07./08.05.2022.

One small amendment to the rules, so this can be an worldwide event:

Everybody flies in his local time zone between 10:00 and 13:00. So please state name and country when you register.

Neil Harrison

Hey Ulrich

What an amazing idea....seems a little like a modern BARCS Postal event.

The first round of the BMFA League is scheduled for the same day. Will you permit flights from that event to be valid scores for the Vest Pokal?

• Haha 1

Sorry! Wrong discipline. There’s a Vest Pokal in F3F as well. Silly me.

Question still stands, though.

• Like 1

The difference between a postal event and next weekends contest is that you're only free in the choice of the flying field. Time and tasks are given by the draft and schedule of the Vest Pokal. If that matches the schedule and tasks of the league event, I see no reason to score the result in both competitions. At least for the Vest Pokal it is all about nothing, just fly and have fun. 

We currently have 26 pilots from 8 countries on 3 continents.There is still some time for the late deciders. So why hesitate, a simple email is all it takes. I 'll have to make the draw directly at 16:00 CEST tomorrow, so our friends in NZL get their QR_Code before they start for the flying field shortly after.

And here is the endresult.Congratulations to the podium, especially to Joe for the victory with a perfect result.
Although the organisational effort was only a fraction of a normal Vest Pokal, next time we'll do it oldschool again.

Cheers
Ulrich

VP2021_RESULT.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...