**CANCELLED** F3K League 4 Event - Twywell Saturday 3rd July

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

This F3K league event is to be held at Twywell - not far from Kettering.  This is a farm field and is normally grazed by sheep, please ensure that the gate is closed and secured at all times...

Entry via F3X Vault......

https://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2103

The start time will be 10:00 - pilots briefing 09.45

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 2nd July.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.  All are welcome, but BMFA insurance is a necessity. New contest pilots especially welcome, no experience necessary - well, you need to be able to launch and land back near yourself!  I'll update the table below as the entries come in -  PM me to enter.

The lanes around the field are narrow and used by horse riders - please take care.

Yellow circle shows entrance to field 

Yellow cross show parking location

image.png.0f9d1c6234b1b687272ce027cbec8bd6.png

Neil Harrison

We have 5 entries for next week so far....

If you do not have access to F3X Vault then please let your intentions be known here so we can include you..😝

Only 6 booked in for Twywell so far, and 2 "maybes". As usual, forecast is different depending on where you look.

In case it makes any difference to anyone's decision making, there seems to be some doubt over the following week at Charmy Down now (Sun 11th July). I'm trying to confirm the situation asap but there is a distinct chance it wont be possible.

• Like 1

Forecasters struggle with same day never mind 4 days in advance.

I've been using yr.no recently (Norwegian data modeling) has been better than xc and BBC but still got last weekend completely wrong.

What's the issue with Charmy? Will be a shame to miss that as it's one of my fav flying sites and I had to do some major work changes to free that weekend up.

Neil Harrison

We only have 6 pilots registered for this Saturday at Twywell.....so this will be a non starter as it stands.....get yourself entered and if its cancelled you have nothing to loose but we need to have an idea on numbers....

The forecast for Saturday looks very flyable, light winds, overcast with chance of drizzle, we've had worse forecasts than this and managed to make a comp from it....

Come on, get yourself entered!

Decision for 'Go/No Go' will be latest 6pm this Friday.

• Like 1

Okay, managed to negotiate F3X Vault and registered to make up the number 😁

Fuselage crack repaired now, so let’s hope for good enough weather to get the rounds in.

Neil P

Neil Harrison

Okay so we have a competition with 8 entries.....

Check back here Friday pm to check 'Go / No Go'

• Like 1

For those of you who haven't used the online scoring "live", have a look here: 

If you make sure that you've got your F3XVault credentials saved on your phone then that should make things nice and easy.

The only thing I'd add to the info in the thread linked above is that you should double check that you have the right pilot and round selected before submitting times as that's caught a few people out and meant we've had to go back and correct things. It will try to remember the pilot you last scored for I believe. This can lead to the situation where someone else has already scored them for the current round and since it tries to be helpful and show you the next "blank" round it means you're initially presented with the "wrong" pilot and the next round. 

Just double check before submitting and it'll be fine.

• Like 2

I dislike computers! I had enough of them during my working life. For that matter, maybe Open TX wasn’t the brightest move..

I liked the relative simplicity of F3K when I first spectated at the Ivinghoe sight; enough to buy a second hand Bonus from Simon and entered some comp’s. Managed to cope with the ‘tasks’ with helpful encouragement from the experienced guys and all good.

Now looks like it’s getting too complicated with another layer of tech’ when I only want to fly for fun 🤪

8 minutes ago, CTR said:

Now looks like it’s getting too complicated with another layer of tech’ when I only want to fly for fun 🤪

It’s not really that complicated, honestly. 
Having said that, the last thing we want to do is disuade anyone from participating so score on paper and we’ll sort out the online bits…

Neil Harrison

So I did say that anyone that wants to enter that doesn't have access to F3X Vault, which would also include those that are not so tech savy to just reply to this thread and we will enter you.....

Live scoring on the day of of the comp is not too hard, we have a relaxed approach to the running of the day making sure that the priority is that everyone is enjoying themselves.  This includes help with scoring, timing, rules etc...if you can't work it out, are not tech minded or have the right technology then there are enough of us to help out and enter scores for you.

The tech is evolving in all aspects of our sport, everything we do is to made to make the day run smoother and reduce the workload and errors in scoring.  If anyone has questions or needs specific guidance then there are many experts available on the day and on this forum to help..... Just ask?