Superfly Cup - 23-24 July (BMFA League Contest)

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

Superfly Cup

I have been wanting to sponsor a contest for some time, the time is now. 🙃 

Registration is now open on F3X Vault for the 'Superfly Cup'

This will be an annual event with a perpetual trophy/cup presented to the winner, additionally there will also be first, second and third place trophies awarded to keep.

Each year the event will coincide with a 2 day BMFA League competition taking place in the summer, the format will be a traditional consecutive contest with hope to fly as many rounds as possible to enable a drop score. This year it will take place Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th July at the BMFA National Flying Centre at Buckminster.

Entry Fee is the same as any other event at Buckminster, £15 per day and £15 per night camping.

My aim is to run a fun, competitive event and attract as many pilots and their families as possible, as well as the contest I hope be able to do the following (subject to weather conditions)

• Saturday evening - unofficial free flight competition (aimed for the children but open to all)
  • Saturday and Sunday morning hot Bacon Rolls available from CD tent
  • Saturday night BBQ (bring your own food and drink)
  • Saturday night social, table tennis and other fun family games
  • Prize for best newcomer (flying F3K competition for less than 12 months)

Please get this marked on your calendars for a flying and family fun weekend and get yourselves entered.

https://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2433

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m sad that I can’t make that one. Sounds like a great weekend. Well done Neil for the time & effort you’re putting into F3K.

Neil P

49 minutes ago, MikeDLG said:

And of course the world champs are on then, so that rules 4 of us out this year. 

OOOh my chances are increasing😁🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Neil Harrison
On 12/06/2022 at 20:14, MikeDLG said:

And of course the world champs are on then, so that rules 4 of us out this year. 

Unfortunately this does clash with the WC but I don't want to share the event with the British National Championships.

If the planned weekend is cancelled due to weather I will have to look at another event to run the Superfly Cup.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know that I should sleep in the back of the octavia again though haha, wasn't great last time. Who makes a good tent? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kohen said:

Don't know that I should sleep in the back of the octavia again though haha, wasn't great last time. Who makes a good tent? 

Just go on Facebook marketplace and find a reasonable one locally for not much money. As long as it doesn't leak and its big enough, are they really that different?

Don't forget to find something to sleep on and under too though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulR said:

Just go on Facebook marketplace and find a reasonable one locally for not much money. As long as it doesn't leak and its big enough, are they really that different?

Don't forget to find something to sleep on and under too though...

good point! ~Yeah probably worth spending my actual penies on a good sleeping bag and mat/camp bed.

2 hours ago, Kohen said:

good point! ~Yeah probably worth spending my actual penies on a good sleeping bag and mat/camp bed.

I've a spare 1 man tent you can borrow, have WhatsApped.

Neil Harrison

It's not too late to enter.....get your entries in and enjoy a great 2 days of flying and fun social.

All silverware is ready to go.......... 

'Is your name going to be engraved on this?'

20220715_183802.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neil Harrison said:

All silverware is ready to go.......... 

20220715_183802.jpg

Wow!

We should be well past “peak heatwave” by then too, so hopefully back to pleasantly warm…

• Like 1

thechalster

I hope so I am here with alteady

1 hour ago, Kohen said:

Both days? 

I am here already in the caravan so we planning  for both days.