Glider designed by Al Wisher

FrankR

Dear community,

I found these pictures in old documents.
According to my information, these pictures must have been taken at the British Nationals in 1991. The glider measures 489 cm wingspan.
The designer and pilot Al Wisher should be on the right of the picture at the remote control. An impressive personality!
I would like to reconstruct this glider. I am at home in Switzerland and would be very pleased to receive more information about this beautiful F3J model.
If someone can provide me with a plan, that would be great.
I look forward to your replies.
Frank

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-03 um 17.42.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-03 um 17.42.39.png

• Like 1

I see there are no replies so far.  I assume Frank that you are already aware of Al’s ‘Blue Beast’, (plans available).  I did a search to see if any other plans have been published, but drew a blank.  What the photos show is that may well have been an evolution using a Blue Beast wing and different fuselage.  The two photos look different models to me, although similar (tailplanes and colouring different).  Good luck with your search, although if you don’t have a response on here, I don’t know where else you would get one.  Maybe you have to look through all the ‘BARCS Soarers’ from around that time as it might well have been featured.

Simon

Thank you Simon for your efforts in the research.
Unfortunately, it is more difficult than I thought to get further information.
It would be helpful if I could get more photos of the model.
There is a plan of the Blue Beast on the internet, but it differs significantly from this model.

https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product/blue-beast-model-aircraft-plan-rc1369/

• Like 1