BMFA League 1 Bwlch 23 April 2023

wookman

Think we had an entire summer season in one day yesterday, reminded me of the hokey cokey song (Wind from the left, wind from the right, lift, no lift...). Good to be out on the hill with everyone and get a bit of flying in a pretty relaxed comp. Well done to JP for holding it together for the win too. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

That turned out really well considering. Drove down through rain (Cheshire) & fog (Shropshire) to arrive at the Bwlch in glorious sunshine (and very little wind!).

The first couple of rounds were pretty punishing for me but I was glad to find I can still do it once there was a bit more wind/luck after the rain.

A pretty bonkers weekend for me with a family party in Liverpool on Saturday night and 640 miles driven yesterday (972 total)! But all the plans came together and the whole family had a good weekend so delighted it all came together 😀

Well done to JP who wrestled decent times from all but one round despite the variability and the two Mark's who had better averages 👍 It's funny, I think my 770 score in round 5 was my best flown round, I was really trying despite the poor air (after Graeme's boomer) and now I'm glad as it counted...

• Like 5

lizzy.thumb.jpg.519ee119db2a5e5251c33ada15c818c0.jpg

JP left his Windy at home, whilst Lizzy was with me.

Great day out, nice and restful, stooging about.

Funny old day with the flags,  I didn't take it seriously.

Disappointed as always with my poor result, but it was actually a great day out, that I needed after a very stressful week.

All packed for Iceland in the morning. 

• Like 3

Yes a good day

all a bit of bad start but it got sorted, big thanks to all for the hard work put in for yesterday.

I did a rather a lot off launching which was fun, a bit off putting as at times as we were flying slow enough to watch the flag man 👍 good memories though

See you all soon

jP

• Like 1

Bwlch Sunday 23 April 2023: Pictures on your Willowracing blog were good Ian.

I am interested in what planes were used or is this a secret?

image.png.e749ef2857f6edf19ccde64b5f21fe3a.png

John, models used (in order of the table above) were

Mamba, pitbull1, device, fs6, pitbull2, orden, fs6, fs5, shinto, saker, fs4, fs6, jedi, device, extreme.

The conditions were such (variable) that the model wasn't a significant factor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Fish said:

Bwlch Sunday 23 April 2023: Pictures on your Willowracing blog were good Ian.

I am interested in what planes were used or is this a secret?

image.png.e749ef2857f6edf19ccde64b5f21fe3a.png

I wish!

• Haha 1

Well I'm glad that the prospect of a lie-in didn't prevail over a mad dash to the Bwlch - it certainly went a lot better than one could have expected! Many thanks to Mark and helpers for organsing a promising start to the season.

Report and links to pics here:
https://rc-soar.com/gallery/2023/bmfal1/ (note, the number of rounds quoted in the text is wrong, to be corrected)

Looking forward to the Nats!

- Mike

• Like 7

On 28/04/2023 at 15:21, rc-soar said:

Well I'm glad that the prospect of a lie-in didn't prevail over a mad dash to the Bwlch - it certainly went a lot better than one could have expected! Many thanks to Mark and helpers for organsing a promising start to the season.

Report and links to pics here:
https://rc-soar.com/gallery/2023/bmfal1/ (note, the number of rounds quoted in the text is wrong, to be corrected)

Looking forward to the Nats!

- Mike

Many thanks Mike for posting your photos & words / report on your RCsoar site.  

• Like 1