Northern League F5J 21 or 22 April 2024 at Sandhays Lincoln

Alex Maxfield

Alex Maxfield

Hi All,

weather permitting I hope to run the F5J event this weekend. We have more than pilots already registered.

Let me know if anyone else wishes to join. Decision on the weather and choice of day will be made on Friday this week.

• Like 1

Alex Maxfield

We had a sunny but windy first Northern League F5J Event yesterday. Most people flying at or around 2kg but the air was quite smooth and not turbulent at the excellent Sandhays glider club. The wind was from the NE, straight off the North Sea some 20 miles away which meant it was also quite chilly.

Congratulations to Bob Dickenson for the "perfect" league score and the winner of the main event. Usually Bob could be found flying proper "old school" thermal soaring downwind with his prestige.

Challenging lift conditions meant scoring was all over the place with quite many people finding lift whilst others did not. There was also very strong wave lift that collapsed quickly taking you from flying comfortably at 250m to being on the ground in 2-3 minutes.

We flew a 1 slot 10 minute flyoff for the top 5 to decide the prizes - and I had a lucky downwind dash rewarded with finding strong lift and being able to get back to the field for a win, flying my Plus X.

Another great day out with the Northern league team enjoying our time together.

4eafcb01-d179-4e34-866c-51f2c784f59d.JPG

56b64ebf-5355-4b16-8acc-acbf0034a392.JPG

79a1d363-9908-4ccc-8ab1-720e029ec2ac.JPG

ff6c442c-e84e-4e9b-9300-4a63b9066d3b.JPG

Results.pdf