F5 L (RES) contest this bank holiday!

CTR

Call for interest in a Comp Monday 6th May (Bank holiday)

7 signed up so far  

Please post here if you’re interested in a day’s flying at Little Bentley Polo ground in Essex this coming bank holiday Monday..

Only F5L this time because of the 11th hour organisation!

Rules would be as per last year, i.e. 10 flights in 4 hours, best 6 to count for score.

There’s been so little decent weather, it would be a shame not to take advantage of this opportunity.

Forecast looks promising and the site is good. 
If there’s 6 or more interested in competing, then it would be viable.

• Like 1

Wood Gnome

I'm up for it it would be great to see some of you and get some practice in before Radio Glide

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Count me in.

Hope the rain stays off between now and then 😏

That makes 8 and climbing . Still hoping for more, and good weather!

1. Neil
  2. Paul
  3. Pete
  4. John
  5. Bob
  6. David G
  7. JBF
  8. David J
  9. __________

the final call is up to Paul, and depends on the weather forecast. I suspect the final call will be made on Saturday 6pm.

Still time to enter!

Pete in Northiam

No chance of F3L too if we bring our own FAI-standard bungees? Nice to see a contest in the southeast in any case!

John Minchell

Would love to come but a 3.30 to 4.00 hour drive each way is sadly is too far for me.  Oh and I've only got a F3L model at the moment doesn't help either.  Good luck with it, hope you get enough people and of course the weather.

John M

Thanks John M & Pete for your responses.

As a result, we are looking at the possibility of F3L too but the grass may be a bit long, and the organisation & setting out becomes more complicated with low total numbers of participants!

Paul Wainwright is the main driver for this comp, and thanks go to him for being prepared to organise the field end of things.

Some volunteers to help, and numbers interested in including F3L would be good to know; and availability of FIA bungees.

Neil P

• Like 1

Richard Newsham

Would love to join you but I'm too far up North. 

Richard. 

John Minchell

I spoke with Richard Harris a couple of months ago re FAI bungees as he was trying to co-ordinate some Kent inter club interest in FxRES.  Have a word and see if there is any progress there in obtaining them for the south.  I only know of the BARCS set of 6x, now held at Buckminster, a set at the Aylesbury club and Lawrence with last years set here in Shropshire.

John M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pete in Northiam said:

No chance of F3L too if we bring our own FAI-standard bungees? Nice to see a contest in the southeast in any case!

Sorry, I’ve spoken with organiser Paul and we have concluded power only, no  bungee launch. Sorry.  
John h 

• Thanks 1

Hi JBF, all welcome if you have a valid F5L model and BMFA membership/insurance.

Great, I’ve never flown any type of comp before so would be an interesting experience.

19 hours ago, JBF said:

Great, I’ve never flown any type of comp before so would be an interesting experience.

Should we add your name to the list?

It’s probably one of the easier contest schedules, so a good one to start with. Also there will be plenty of help on hand.

David Jowers

Provisionally add me to the comp please, if hay fever ok.

David

• Like 1