Stingrays

Andy_B

Airwave said:

I asked for a "different" one and didn't specify anything (to see what the guys could come up with)drooling.gifnot going to loose this on the hillside . . . . Stingray.jpg
Orange fluo semi-matt paint + visible carbon (not just black paint).All our knowledges in one model!Enjoy mate…PS – you have not specified a cost limit too… and it helped us a lot ;-)))

Woodstock said:

Hee hee - rule number one:  establish a cost limit rolling.gif!
Your sting is done, well done, as your last request.Now I have to spend 2-3 days with family at the beach, than I'll send it to you.Warm up the epoxy and test the servos!cheers,max

X-man said:

Woodstock said:

Hee hee - rule number one:  establish a cost limit 
rolling.gif
!
Your sting is done, well done, as your last request.Now I have to spend 2-3 days with family at the beach, than I'll send it to you.Warm up the epoxy and test the servos!cheers,max

Cool grin.gif! I saw on your web site you were closed for holidays for the month, so I wasn't expecting much this month..  No going to the beach here - no sun frustrated.gif.. I have the box labelled "Stingray" on my shelf, I've got everything needed in there!

Oooh!- special colour job eh Chris?Any hint as to what you're getting? Or do we have to wait for a photo (hopefully not with your keyfob cam grin.gif)

cliffhanger said:

Oooh!- special colour job eh Chris?Any hint as to what you're getting? Or do we have to wait for a photo (hopefully not with your keyfob cam grin.gif)
Just something with a bit more contrast than normal, to help the 'ol eyes with orientation: White fuzz, with the normal X-models yellow/red colour on the wing tops, but white-and-black under. I've got an idea of doing a yellow / red pattern on the fuzz / fin like one of the Lollorays, to pick up the wing colour...

slope_dragon_x

Woodstock said:

I've got an idea of doing a yellow / red pattern on the fuzz / fin like one of the Lollorays, to pick up the wing colour...
Paint or trim Chris?

slope_dragon_x said:

Have you popped the cherry yet Rog? Looking good for Rhossili tomorrow - think I'll be on the Orme.
 Bwlch was clagged in yesterday.Today's looking good for Mickeys at the Bwlch- champing at the bit now!

slope_dragon_x said:

Woodstock said:

I've got an idea of doing a yellow / red pattern on the fuzz / fin like one of the Lollorays, to pick up the wing colour...
Paint or trim Chris?

I'm thinking vinyl - but TBD...

Woodstock said:

Hee hee - rule number one:  establish a cost limit rolling.gif!
Naa, more fun to see what really creative people can do, when given some room to play.Back in my hotel in Muscat after a trip to the desert, in the last two days I've seen 50 Deg C twice on the external temp reading on a landcruiser, it's been a bit toasty . . . 

• 1 month later...

Each to his own of course, but the Sting Ray hasn’t quite got the “fun factor” as say my symmetrical winged Jedi or Sonic.I’m waiting for the right conditions to take it to one of the Brecon Beacon bowls which have almost vertical lift, where hopefully it will come into its own more. 

Short video from yesterday at Rhossili in ~35mph winds.It does a nice slow flat inverted spin as shown in the little “blender” at the end of the video. But with such a slow exit you’ve got to be careful about gaining flying speed.

As you can see from the unplanned arrival “Ask me how I know!” sad.gif