Slope and DS videos

Skip

chiloschista

Hi ensemble,

being able to fly the Vector III once or twice a year is really frustrating, but at least this time was in great conditions at a great slope.

Thanks to Lynda and Joe who kindly lead us to it in person!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
chiloschista

Hello,

here is the Trisel #3, that I was finally able to test in South Wales.

The video is taken in weak conditions.

I flew it in greater conditions at White Sheet few days later, were it showed its potential about stability, but the speed was not as expected.

No more than 106km/h, where the Trisel #4 (PW1211 instead of HS130/7.5%) reached this same speed in lighter conditions and the #1 (10% airfoil) still hold the record at 121km/h.

Ric

• 2 weeks later...
Had great fun yesterday evening flying the DLG off Southsea beach - could actually stay up soaring just the shingle beach line - until I got the cameras out & the wind dropped & went crossed - so off to the local "slope" above the beach, must be only about 20 feet high. Music had to be "Summer Breeze" - love that guitar.

let me know what you think of it !

Phil.

• Like 3

Excellent stuff there Phil, brought back many happy memories of family holidays spent at Southsea when I was a kid.

We used to take a Kamco Kloudrider with us but I cannot remember where we flew it.

• 1 month later...

Hi ensemble,

after few weeks of stressing work, LeFish went in flight :drool:

It happened in Ligury on my friend Lauro's "private slope" (terrace).

Weather was not collaborating, but at least I tested this nice plane and did some FPV. Flew in the fog also, but that's becoming usual (video coming ...).

Now I have to refine flight style for this kind of planes, as I'm new to them.

Ric

Tilman Baumann

Lovely 'slope'.

Landings could be a bit of a nail biter here I suppose.

Carrier style arrestor bushes landing?

Must see how it performs in low lift. That is where fishes fail or succeed.

On 12/10/2014 at 15:43, Tilman Baumann said:

Lovely 'slope'.

Landings could be a bit of a nail biter here I suppose.

Carrier style arrestor bushes landing?

Must see how it performs in low lift. That is where fishes fail or succeed.

Landing is really tricky. There is a tight and very steep area, just under the terrace.

You can have an aerial view of the site in the following video. At the end there is the landing (obviously <_< ), Telesforo at controls trying it several times before getting the right one and he is skilled on that.

Hello,

last week in Ligury I enjoyed a common situation: fog development.

Nice to watch how the fog develops and disappears so quickly. When it appears conditions increase a lot (or the opposite: when conditions increase fog will develop). That's so funny. Just imagine how it goes when flying bigger or faster gliders: it happened to me few times :o

Ric

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

None of that was yesterday then as it was damp misty and generally a bit yuk ........nice video though ...Canberra isn't exactly next to the slope though is it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent New Year flying session on my local Devon slope with John Treble on 2nd Jan - sunshine, blue skies, light winds and thermic. It really was "out with the old & in with the new" - a maiden flight for John's new Pitbull (on the F3F videos thread) - a very rare outing for my old 1974 own design thermal soarer - and Freestyling with the Freestyler. The old 1974 soarer is now on its 3rd set of radio gear, still flies great - it has fuselage and wing ballast, both full on the video flight to bring it up to 1.6kg. I named it "Echoes" after the Pink Floyd track - so here it is - its the line about the albatross overhead...

"Then & Now" - Echoes vs Freestyler - comments welcomed !

Phil.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hi Ric.

Thanks for posting that. It serves as a nice taster for my visit next month. The peculiarly Breton style of 'low and slow' is so easy on the eye. The north slope at the Menez Hom is fantastic with that view of the new bridge across the Aulne. Now how many gliders can you pack into two 2.5 meter long roof boxes. I will let you know! :D