Something less skinny - but what?

Phil.Taylor

Blimey! What a porker.

You should let me take her off your hands Phil - just so you don't embarrass yourself in front of your mates. .... ;)

Ro.

Yep - hoping Tina will enjoy a good workout over RhossiliThe real "fat bird" DG will be next, but don't know when I'll be able to get round to it - back working in London next week, so no workshop time available.

Unfortunately the previous owner removed the blade joiner box, so that will take some engineering to replace/rebuild - I had to get brass box sent over from Germany, not available anywhere in the UK (15mm steel blade - "Gliders" only do the Graupner 14mm)

Phil.

small_medium_large.jpg

Tina flies ! :) video on the slope videos thread

She's got long legs & still knows how to move - covers a huge amount of sky - I can see why folks were impressed back in the 80s. Performance? - for cruising around & thermalling, bit like a fully ballasted F3F ship - similar wing loading. But dont get too slow, cos she's got a magnificent evil flick/spin waiting for you :eek:

On the second flight (no video) I was able to get a pretty decent roll too. Definitely needs a nice big landing area though.

Looking forward to some fun times with Tina.

Phil.

Thanks guys – appreciated :)

just finished sketching up the new DG-joiner – rather different to the original - it may actually happen

Phil.

DG's got wings! - the project just got "larger" :)

New blade/box joiner made up & fitted – steel & brass & full-strength epoxy - solid

Phil.

DG_joiner_1.jpg

DG_joiner_2.jpg

Mr Ed said:

I don't understand it, but well done anyway.

:confused:

LOL – This one! – Multiplex DG-500 fus – shares the Alpina wings – well, she can now she's got a new joiner boxshe's definitely "less skinny" – more of the shapely sort

Oh, and if you could come up with another catchy name - like Tina the Alpina, but - .... the DG?

Phil.

DG_alpina_lr.jpg

Phil.Taylor said: Oh, and if you could come up with another catchy name – like Tina the Alpina, but – …. the DG?
  'Bandy Angie' ? Edited by Jon_F

Phil.Taylor said:

Oh, and if you could come up with another catchy name - like Tina the Alpina, but - .... the DG?

Phil.

Director General. It's big and imposing. Much better than the Dogs Genitals - which is one better than the Dog's :censored:

And what I don't understand is how the joiner box works with no bits sticking out the sides.