Stinger

Stefan Bertschi

Stefan Bertschi

A picture of my cars boot after Pete giving some Euro's to Vaclav. All in all 6 brand new Stingers and some Ascot spare parts.

Stinger-in-Skoda.jpg

Actually the foto was taken just seconds before I lost Pete :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow, they look really nice - congrats to the Scottish guys, Pete and Tom - there's going to be a lot of new airframes on show this summer, that's for sure! CheersGreg

• Like 1

They are very lovely things, Vaclav's quality is all there and the wings are super thin and stiff. A couple of nice touches are half round carbon tube at the trailing edge of the wing and leading edge of the flap for added strength at the control surfaces - given that the tube is tapered to suit the wing this is really special workmanship.

Also the push rods in the fuse are under a layer of carbon and an inflatable tube has then been used to hold them firmly in place and meaning that they add to the strength of the fuse :cool: Weights are:Carbon D-box - Wing 1: 572g Wing 2: 568g Tails 40g ea Fuse 282g joiner 88g

Double carbon wings are only 612g 80/90g carbon which is sweet, not too much heavier :) No photos of mine as the fuse and tails are with Stefan coming over for the Eastbourne eurotour but its non RDS as I wanted to use MKS. But the RDS in them does look solid.The Karlruhe model show was really good too.

Loads of glider stuff, car comps, drifting, heli displays and an outdoor display with beer and sausages. Then the really good stuff, diggers, trucks, tanks, crawlers. Then tractors with scale ploughing :cool: Then we went to the trains hall which made the tractor guys look cool and trendy ;)

Got mine out for a proper look in the garden, it came with RDS (got vaclav to do the aileron install) on the ailerons Double carbon etc. Was meant to be yellow and green but colours must have got lost in translation and its all the better for it. Im really liking the bare carbon.

Im not that knowledgable and chords and sections etc. But it deffo looks a lot smaller and slippier than my ascot. So a big thanks to pete for bringing it back for me, and thanks to stefan for not leggin it when he had the chance :-).

Cheers

Mike

Stinger-Underside-Resize.jpg

Stinger-Resize.jpg

Stinger-Wing-Topside-Resize.jpg

Stinger-Tail-Resize.jpg

George Young

Looks great Mike. To be honest and as Tom says, they all look great :D

I do like a bit of bare carbon :cool:

George

isoaritfirst

Nice scheme Mike, better than green - and to my eyes there is nothing that works better than Yellow and black.

Stinger looks like a very nice bit of kit.

isoaritfirst said:

Nice scheme Mike, better than green - and to my eyes there is nothing that works better than Yellow and black. Stinger looks like a very nice bit of kit.

I'd better get building!