Sign in to follow this  
Peter G

North/Yorkshire Winter League

Peter G

Mark's 28 was a great run and a bowl record I'm sure. There was a smattering of 31's too but only the one sub-30 I think?

I really enjoyed the conditions today but couldn't get the course right. Four cuts on base B left me mentally battered but as frustrated as I was, it paled into insignificance when Mike dropped his Magpie (Whitby) fish & chips and had to go back for a second lot. Gutted.

• Like 2

Gromit

Well done guys, sounds like a great day in challenging conditions. Congrats to all.

Any pics anyone ? I'd love to see some .

Stu.

Paulupton

Congrats Mark, class above....

Please could you confirm my 31 - new PB for me, think John T also knocked a big chunk off his.

mark_r

Paul, All, fastest times for everyone yesterday below:

Mark Redsell 28.90
Paul Upton 31.27
Paul Garnett 31.23
Peter Gunning 31.18
Richard Bago 34.61
Tom Foreman 34.79
Dave Watson 36.22
Mike McKracken 36.88
Frank Hulton 35.32
John Tideswell 37.89
Keith Wood 41.63
Egon Lewin 43.03

• Like 2

John T

A great day in challenging conditions.

Need to invest in some ski goggles so I can actually see my plane through my streaming eyes.

Well done Mark, have you thought about taking a few years off and trying a bit of fishing instead to let the rest of us catch up?

campsieflyer

A great days comp, glad to finish the day with my models intact. The only thing that was wrecked was me!

Dave W

campsieflyer

A few photos taken yesterday.

Dave W

• Like 1

Gromit

Thanks for posting the pics Dave :thumbsup:

Stu.

mark_r

All,

just confirmation of the remaining dates for the Northern Winter League as far as reserve dates are concerned -

We have 3 dates remaining:

15 Feb - reserve date - this date will run (because we lost the 1st 2 scheduled comps)

01 March - will run as scheduled

15 March - will run if either of the above 2 dates get cancelled due to bad weather.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1

mark_r

Thanks for the pics Dave - guess John T must have dashed over from doing the washing up!

paul garnett

Good comp guys, almost blown off my feet on one run!!,  Well done to Mark R on a new hill record..Paul Upton just got me..grr haha, N115 looks good..

mark_r

Evening all, reminder that the next round of the northern winter league is due this Saturday. Confirmation that we're on (or not) will be tomorrow evening.

mark_r

Sorry guys -no point holding off any longer - the weather for tomorrow looks pretty dismal so tomorrow's comp is off.

Hopefully 1st of March will be better. Please note also that the 2nd reserve date kicks in on the 15th March

Rocket Ronnie

Anyone up for a day at Levisham looking good for Sunday westerly at 15mph

Ronnie

mark_r

Evening all, just a reminder that the next northern league comp is scheduled this Saturday. Weather forecast is all over the place at the moment - will confirm on/off on Friday evening.

• Like 1

mark_r

Well, the weather is not playing again. All forecasts for Levisham and Pickering showing very light winds with a low possibility of getting to 6mph in the afternoon, (Met office suggesting 0 to 4mph) so sorry to say the comp is OFF.

The final attempt to get another one in will be on 15th March - let's hope for better luck then.

John T

Well.....just another 5 hour practice session on the Sunday then that i will have to endure.....

George Young

Batteries charged and sandwiches made up!  :(

Better cancel the alarm set for 3:15! 

Greg Dakin

Downer - I'm with you George, all set for the first pilgrimage of 2014 and now returning the kit to the back bedroom :-(

Good call from the Redsell though!

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1

mark_r

Quick reminder that the final northern league comp is this Saturday. Please note that we may use a site near Hawes if the forecast remains anywhere around WNW. The forecast looks OK at the moment - confirmation and location will be Friday evening.