Recommend me an electric soarer

Mark70

I was going to ask a similar question but slightly different criteria. I am looking to focus more on slope and thermal. I was thinking of doing some thermal comps so I can learn more quickly. Most comps up here is height limited electric.

My thoughts were to get a 2m and an open class. I've got a pheonix 2k on the way but doubt it will be much use in comps so was looking for advice on a good beginner type 2m model. Budget is nowhere near the levels above I am afraid. :( I was hoping to pick something up second hand but not found much about at the moment. probably the wrong time of year..

i have been looking at the following for the 2m class; my first choice for each is highlighted in bold. 

topmodel - bliss, pegasus

reichard - magic, p13 special, variant III, prima

art hobby - sky, fidelity

what i have been able to dig up indicates that all 3 are good. i really like the look of the art hobby gliders and i am swaying to the sky in polyhedral format with cruciform/standard tail. the art hobby is likely to be a bit of a build but i could get the magic or the bliss up and flying fairly quickly.

does anyone have any experience of these or provide any sound advice?
ta

I don't have direct experience of these models, but I think your thoughts are on the money..

How do you feel about a bit of building? IIRC there was guy offering a short kit of a model that had done very well in 2m soaring.

And you have stuff like the Hoellin Climaxx.  Dare I suggest a trip to the esoaring forum for info about competitive 2m models.

Art Hobby planes look nice. I have one seen a couple though (slope side).