Lundylynda

Tilman Baumann
6 minutes ago, Pete Burgess said:

We can always change that, I have the manoeuvers printouts :thumbsup:

You could teach me a few.

9 minutes ago, Pete Burgess said:

We can always change that, I have the manoeuvers printouts :thumbsup:

We can always change that I think your due some Lundy luck too :Plol

Just to clarify we are insured, ( as BMFA members) for Electric flight on NT land as long as though we fly in a lawful manor and adhere to the BMFA guidelines. I think the best option is that we keep it to low noise and fly at least one field away from the village and campsite with any model. We would like to ensure that we are able to continue flying on Lundy, therefore ask everyone to respect the Island and its visitors.  

Joe has suggested that we bring the Whitesheets F3F gear - Stuart -can we do this? Joe has one sighting frame. Can JP  bring along his F3B one as we cant stick anything in the ground?

Please can you guys confirm?

Should be ok regarding the timing gear, a couple of weeks ago my laptop decided to install windows 10 by itself, I need to check therefore that the F3f programme works on this, if not a phone call to David L should sort this out. I'l confirm asap.

Stu.

20 hours ago, Gromit said:

Should be ok regarding the timing gear, a couple of weeks ago my laptop decided to install windows 10 by itself, I need to check therefore that the F3f programme works on this, if not a phone call to David L should sort this out. I'l confirm asap.

Stu.

On my priority list for today :thumbsup:

Stu.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:30, Gromit said:

Stu.

Stu, you have 4 weeks/a month (?) in which you can revert to your previous operating system.  After that you would have to do a format and reinstall if you don't like W10

Just a reminder to all of you who are not booked into the barn. Please ring up and purchase your Oldenburgh Tickets now if you have not already done so. They ask that this is done two weeks in advance.  I have received the Barn tickets .

Telephone number  01271 863636

Joe and Andy are bringing out some track for the Scalextrics event ( please also bring the power packs) We could do with some more so please let me know if you have some. 

Lundylynda 

Picked up my Le-Mans track from parents yesterday - big track. Will bring along - has two cars and controllers etc, plus some other bits, like chicane etc.

Rob Thomson

So..  I was getting concerned I was bringing too much to Lundy! 

Lol..    On the plus side I have printed two models and now have it all in a sport tube!  (excluding the foamies) 

20160723_131758.jpg

Rob Thomson

I received this from the lundy shore office yesterday...

--

Dear Guest’s, RE: 30TH JULY For those passengers travelling out on the MS Oldenburg on Saturday 30th July please be advised  there is a local event taking place on Ilfracombe Pier. This means the access road to the pier will be  closed however we have been assured that anyone dropping off luggage will be allowed through. We apologise for any inconvenience, the Ilfracombe Shore Office will be open at 0845hrs to allow  extra time for check‐in. Thank you for your understanding. If you have any question’s please call us on 01271 863636. Kind Regards Jacqui Hewitt

--

Might be worth making sure you have a little more time!

• Like 1

Hi and thanks Rob

We have also received this message. We are going to ring up the Shore Office on Monday and see id there is a way that we can load some of the boxes on Friday( for those arriving a day early). We will keep you posted if this is an option to quicken things up a little. 

Lundylynda 

Rob Thomson

That would be brilliant if we could!

I have been concerned about the logistics of shifting my gear from hotel -> car -> boat!   

Doing this on friday night would make life easy!

Although.. I suspect they may not like the idea from a 'security' point of view.

I'm sure you are all aware but just thought I would mention it anyway - The manager of Lundy has stated the following on a facebook page .

Beccy MacDonald- Just to make everyone aware, drones can only be used on Lundy with permission from island management, many thanks Beccy.

I am aware that Adam may have permission as he filmed for the Island. Just thought I would clarify the situation. 

Adam Richardson

I presume she's concerned about people flying phantoms around buildings and people. If we have permission as previous years to fly electric models in the fields then there's no problem surely.