New Radio Required

Rocket Ronnie

Rocket Ronnie

Hi all i'm fancying a new tranny

who's got what and how good is it.

Torn between Futaba & Jetti. 

i'd appreciate some advice.

SilentPilot

I've got a spare Futaba 10CG. No idea what it's worth. It's probably old tech by Futaba standards nowadays...

oops, just realised that you were looking for opinions and not a sale!

What about Spektrum? I love my DX9 :)

Rob Thomson

Jeti all the way :)

Dc24 just out...  So you should get some people selling their dc16 soon. 

34 minutes ago, Rocket Ronnie said:

Hi all i'm fancying a new tranny

who's got what and how good is it.

Torn between Futaba & Jetti. 

i'd appreciate some advice.

Only one choice Ronnie, Jeti all the way. You will not be disappointed and very good reason why so many pilots are moving in the Jeti direction.

• Like 3

Rocket Ronnie
25 minutes ago, SilentPilot said:

I've got a spare Futaba 10CG. No idea what it's worth. It's probably old tech by Futaba standards nowadays...

oops, just realised that you were looking for opinions and not a sale!

What about Spektrum? I love my DX9 :)

Nope Specktrum sucks imho

• Like 2

SilentPilot

It's ok!

I know people have their preferences. The world would be an awfully boring place if we all liked the same things :) 

Rocket Ronnie
33 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

Only one choice Ronnie, Jeti all the way. You will not be disappointed and very good reason why so many pilots are moving in the Jeti direction.

Which one DS16 or 14?? 

Jeti.  Fabulous quality, software is excellent, link from transmitter to RX seems bombproof, factory offers great customer service and the U.K. has a good dealer (esoaringgadgets).

I went from Graupner MC 20 to Jeti DC16.  I couldn't find anything to replace the MC until the Jeti.

DS 14 with some additional upgrades will be sufficient enough for gliders and normal models. If you are going for Jets or big scale models you should choose DS-16 or wait for the DS-24.

At the time of my purchase the DS-14 wasn't out. It would have all features needed.

Anyway I'm suprised that no one mentioned the great telemetry of Jeti. In comparison the Futaba telemetry is a nightmare.

P.S. It seems that I convinced some guys with the use of DS-16 :o

Maxscotland

Hi Ronnie 

I got a second hand jeti DS16 at the end of last year. It was a 'C' change from my JR pcmx2! Took a while to figure out how to programme some stuff as it was so different. However now that I've got used to it, I do think it's the 'muts nuts' 👍😊

As mentioned above the telemetry is spot on and good value. The voice altimeter / vario is approx £50! I sadly bought an old tech vario and hand held walk talky 2 years ago, that hit me for £200.........

Another seller of Jeti I've used is Electric wingman. Great service and prices.

Cheers Ewan 

I like the jeti. I feel certain areas of the programming could be improved and that the menus are a little inconsistent. I don't always see the logic in why some things are in some menus and some things are in others (e.g basic settings vs "fine tuning").

However, the software is powerful and you can accomplish almost everything you would want. The flight modes are good. Let's be realistic it's very good and pretty easy to programme.

on the technology side I think jeti is ahead of the likes of futaba. You can get a remote switch to turn the model on and off from the TX!.  The rxs are very programmable. You can look at the telemetry graphs on the radio. It's great. The tx itself has a lot of joy of ownership factor as it is very nicely made.

Personally i would avoid the 14 as by the time you have added the software upgrades it's nearly as expensive as the 16.

There are a few guys in my club that are using Jeti and they all seem very pleased with them.

I'm still on Spektrum with my JR DSX11 and it is working fine and I flew my carbon Wizard the other night and the link was very solid even at great distance. It is a bit of a dog to programme though so when it's time for me to change that will definitely be something to consider.

What I do like about Spektrum is their Modelmatch system which stops inadvertently using the wrong model memory resulting in the usual bad outcome. Do any of the other makes use anything similar these days?

jeti has a model match system that tells you if you are using the wrong RX yes. RXs are bound to a specific model memory,  If you use the wrong RX it will start bleeping and give you the option to either use the RX or not. 

Opentx/frsky you assign each rx a different number, so the TX ignores the RX if it's not the one you bound to that model memory. Although you can use the same number on different RXs so they will work on multiple model memories, or indeed the same number for all RXs so they all work on all models, giving you the choice.  

Rocket Ronnie
21 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Go for the DS16, but recommend you talk to Bernie at Esoaring as I think the a new model is due out soonish:

http://www.esoaringgadgets.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46_15

Hopefully Simon or Peter Mitchelle may chip-in with some advice.

I need to get one in my LITTLE hands, need to see how it feels.

Sounds like a big thumbs up for the Jetti then. 

• Like 1