Which way next?

StraightEdge

3 hours ago, satinet said:

Anyone know anything about the Stan  Yeo turbo esprit? Got an unbuilt kit under the bed (blue foam wings). 

Turbo Esprit - bought a kit from Stan way back in 1998. Flew the wings on different fuselages - never got round to building the fus. Had 2x wing servos for camber snap etc. Flew ok but back-to-back with a Phase 6 Sport the P6 flew better. The wing section looked identical to P6 Pro - symmetrical de-cambered E374.

Think of it as a P6 Pro - pretty much the same thing. Someone will love it - Stan did.

Phil.

Another video of the Quark 2 - this one of Danny Chapman (of Picasim fame) flying his in Ireland, along with a delightful sound-track rather than the usual in-your-face noise! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 28/10/2018 at 10:49, pete beadle said:

Hi all

Then, having found out that David and Graham Woods were ISA members, I first bought an Aeolus and then made another Aeolus (Greek god of the wind) because they were such brilliant aerobatic designs

So, my advice? find a plan/pack for an Aeolus, :frantics::thumbsup::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS 1702

Hi Pete

A friend of mine, Mike Gundry , had the impressive Aeolus III way back in the eighties and  I have been trolling the  RCGroups  and Google for nigh on a decade to find a plan or even a three view without success, so pleased as all heck to find your post as recent as a year ago, especially the  plan/pack part.  ;-)

I did quickly have a  squiz on Favonius and could not see for looking but would really appreciate any link you  or anyone else could give  me to sourcing a plan/pack for the Aeolus :)

Thanks and regards

Dave Greer  - Durban.

53 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

Hi iti20090

David Woods is a BARCS member - his forum name is f3fisa - which accesses his website

I don't think he ever produced a semi-kit but I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out as regards a plan

Try him direct first, and if you can't get a reply I'll E-mail him for you, you should get a reply though, he's usually very good with responding

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Magic thanks Pete, I have popped Dave @  f3fisa a pm and will hang on for a reply. 🙂

Will let you know if get stuck, thanks muchly.

Cheers

Dave Greer

Graham Woods
2 hours ago, iti20090 said:

Hi Pete

A friend of mine, Mike Gundry , had the impressive Aeolus III way back in the eighties and  I have been trolling the  RCGroups  and Google for nigh on a decade to find a plan or even a three view without success, so pleased as all heck to find your post as recent as a year ago, especially the  plan/pack part.  😉

I did quickly have a  squiz on Favonius and could not see for looking but would really appreciate any link you  or anyone else could give  me to sourcing a plan/pack for the Aeolus :)

Thanks and regards

Dave Greer  - Durban.

Hi Dave (and Pete)

Just dug out some old pics from decades ago and scanned them for you. The original Aeolus was all balsa, then we had a mould made for a fuselage by Bill Longley, I think we sold 100+ back in the day. No idea what happened to the mould though. I think these images of mine and David's models may have the fibreglass fuzzes but they were the same design. I also have a copy of the original plan (courtesy of Greg Dakin) which I will photograph this afternoon and put on here. No kit exists but it may be possible to copy the plan if I can find a shop that will do a one off copy. Funny thing, David just bought the wood for an Aeolus. 

regards, Graham (& David) Woods

aeolus_3_dw.jpg

aeolus_3_dw2.jpg

aeolus_3_gw.jpg

aeolus_3_gw2.jpg

• Like 2

Graham Woods
2 hours ago, iti20090 said:

Hi Pete

A friend of mine, Mike Gundry , had the impressive Aeolus III way back in the eighties and  I have been trolling the  RCGroups  and Google for nigh on a decade to find a plan or even a three view without success, so pleased as all heck to find your post as recent as a year ago, especially the  plan/pack part.  😉

Thanks and regards

Dave Greer  - Durban.

Small version of plan photograph.

gw

aeolus3plansmall.jpg

Excellent, thanks muchly Graham, Pete and Dave, all sorted with Graham on pm and looking forward to the post in due course.  🙂

Kind regards

Dave