Freestyler 6

Munch197

1 hour ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

No heat shrink tube. Just put some 5 minute epoxy with some microballons on the solderings to make the cables un-movable

Yes. Good idea! Still hard to keep it small enough to fit in the apertures. When are you going to call Sunday’s comp off?

Stefan Bertschi
1 minute ago, oipigface said:

Yes. Good idea! Still hard to keep it small enough to fit in the apertures. When are you going to call Sunday’s comp off?

Tempted to call it on as mountainforecast and windfinder predict flyable conditions up from noon. I will have a chat with Joel at nine(gmt)

7 hours ago, oipigface said:

I’ve tried doing this on a couple of occasions, without success. It turns out to be very difficult to get heatshrink to stay in place around a sharp corner, and without a reliable heatshrink job the overlapping wires are going to short. It can also be very tricky to get the wires with their bends into the housing in the fuselage.

Wires shouldn't be shorting to each other if done properly, and hot glue used to "pot" it all together instead of using heatshrink 🙂

Performix™ Liquid Electrical Insulating Tape (118ml, 4 oz.) • Black

eBay item number:273819933523

Try this as its very easy to use can keep adding to make as thick as you like and it dose not worry about curves or the like

might find it cheaper but just what I have used and never had a problem with it 🙂 

2 hours ago, Big Si said:

Performix™ Liquid Electrical Insulating Tape (118ml, 4 oz.) • Black

... might find it cheaper but just what I have used and never had a problem with it 🙂 

I use a different brand, Gardner Bender,  but it's great stuff,  highly recommended, dries just like heat shrink really. 

Trouble is the solvent dries out in the bottle but I keep adding Lighter Fuel (i.e. pentane,  heptane, octane  etc. mix) to it to keep it fluid and usable.

It's pricey here at £15 (USA $9) but well worth using.

liquidtape.jpg.5f0097998331a471b5680d326332bfb8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested, the FAI area info has been publshed on the WC2020 pages as follows:

Freestyler6 TUD Modelltechnik

Wing area: 57.72  dm2

Proj. tail area: 5.76

Total area: 63.48

Min weight @12g/dm2: 762

Max weight @75g/dm2: 4761

So its 0.02dm2 smaller in the wing than the FS5. If (like me) you thought the plan profile was similar, you would be right.

Aubry GABANON

Hi all,

I understand what you said earlier Peter, what a machine, more I try settings more it is easy and fast.

At the end of the day, I put CG aft to 106/107 and whaooooo mum mum mum mum please mum 🙂 it can't stop, nervous nervous but fast. I love it 😀 maybe find an antidote against COVID 😉

I bring my wife this time to be my camera girl 😚 :

Have a good day!

Aubry

• Like 5

Aubry GABANON

That's the North slope of the contest I organized every year since years, last place of the French Championship also, and now part of the FAI Contests named TOA Race 😉 , yes amazing slope! The South one is also awesome, 5 kilometers near in my back.

I have not only ordered 2 ( 129HM version), I also ordered a very light version to try, in addition of Shintos

Your second one is in Quarantine now 😉 but it's gonna be better soon

On 20/03/2020 at 17:53, Aubry GABANON said:

Your second one is in Quarantine now 😉 but it's gonna be better soon

I hope so 👍 We had to cancel our UK team practice in the Pyrenees, scheduled for after La Muela...

Hopefully back to normal enough to allow the WC to go ahead in October...

Aubry GABANON
3 hours ago, Peter G said:

Hopefully back to normal enough to allow the WC to go ahead in October...

I won't bet on it, unless if Boris manage the pandemic 😉 "by end of April it's done..."

Can't you report your UK Team practice? Good to meet U there!

1 minute ago, Aubry GABANON said:

Good to meet U there!

Sorry, Aubry, we can’t have the opposition learning our secrets.

• Haha 1

On 23/03/2020 at 13:36, Aubry GABANON said:

I won't bet on it, unless if Boris manage the pandemic 😉 "by end of April it's done..."

Can't you report your UK Team practice? Good to meet U there!

I am sad to report that the BMFA has withdrawn our team from the WC2020 😪😷🤒 And all GBR teams from WC events in all classes this year for the health and wellbeing of teams.

Gutted.

• Sad 3

Aubry GABANON
5 hours ago, Peter G said:

I am sad to report that the BMFA has withdrawn our team from the WC2020 😪😷🤒 And all GBR teams from WC events in all classes this year for the health and wellbeing of teams.

Gutted.

Seriously !?!?! It's a bit early, very very early to take any decisions

Lord Falkland’s maxim apparently is news to them: ‘If it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision.’

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aubry GABANON said:

Seriously !?!?! It's a bit early, very very early to take any decisions

I agree, I will be very frustrated if the comp goes ahead in October with all other teams present. If it is delayed to 2021,  they wil re-consider...

1 hour ago, oipigface said:

Lord Falkland’s maxim apparently is news to them: ‘If it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision.’

Isn't that ironic, the hill we fly most (East Lomond) is In Falkland! He was a wise man.

Just for the benefit of this conversation, I thought I would share that the WC2020 is oficially cancelled in October.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ffam.asso.fr%2Ffr%2Factualites%2F4209-information-annulation-championnats-du-monde-et-d-europe-2020.html

Maybe the BMFA knew what was coming after all. We can only wait and see what transpires, whether it is postponed for a short spell or until 2022...

• 1 month later...
Aubry GABANON

First flights after deconfinement 🙂

Hope you are all safe and still healthy!

Cheers,

Aubry

• Like 1