The Frsky X9E Thread

satinet

Come on then, who's got their X9e?

First impressions are very good in terms of the hardware. The gimbals feel really nice with a fairly strong return to centre. New sliders are good.  I'm glad they've gone for proper trims not joy pad rubbish.  The side cheeks are removable. 

The rotary wheel is nice and the interface lacks the lag and general slowness of the original taranis. It's much sharper. The wheel is a massive improvement. Amazing value for money. If only opentx would sort out the flight modes, then we we would be living the dream! Please do a flight mode trim screen, like Jeti!

The speaker / voice is good btw.

I've always been a handheld flier, but the tx is really comfy used finger/thumb with the cheeks, so i might give that a try.

20150723_141543_zpssejzbdgj.jpg

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

Switched the throttle around and removed the side pads, but can't yet find a way to transfer model EEPROM from 2.0.15 into 2.1.0

any body managed this yet?

Hi Mike

I did wonder if you could transfer model memories. It's early days though I guess

What happens when you try it?

Tom

isoaritfirst

Took me a few hours and posted that message while I was waiting for something to happen - then it did

Now appears to be working, with all my models switched over.

Haven't tried it against a model yet as the MPX module isn't in it yet and models have MPX recievers in them.

To make it work - I had to save the eeprom as a BIN file so companion could see it. then uncheck the box that checks program compatability as this said it was  a different format an dstopped it. I also in fiddling with everything upgraded the files from 2.0.15 to 2.0.17 No idea if i needed to or not but before I did it didnt work, although I supect this was more likely for some other reason. 

Basically I pressed and fiddled and eventually it worked.

hi Guys

I've also upgraded the old x9D to the E, I'm very impressed with the improved display screen.

I've not had time to play too much, but I had problems downloading configs with compatibility checks on and have github issue running at the moment.

The check will be useful for me with both types there a good chance of transferring the wrong radio type.

So far the tx looks extremely good

Neil

Yeah mine turned up yesterday morning. Been playing with it quite a bit. 

Mum going for new approach after many years of Futaba and the last was the fx30. 

Mol so the software isn't that user friendly but it works so well. 

Side pads taken off of mine. It's a chunky piece of kit for sure. Dare I say that it's better then Futaba ?

isoaritfirst

Not that I know much but I do think that leaving compatabilty check on will not work, as the files from 2.0 are different to 2.1 and it will just say there are issues and stop the upload.

Switch it off then upload the files,  mine is working a treat. I have plugged in my MPX module and fired up the Fosa. everything works just as it did. 

Switch assignments need a slight fiddle with just to suit my tastes but thats a simple job.

Pic shows inside with my MPX module plugged in. Its the unit I use on the Taranis Plus, it needs to be dissasembled to allow the aerial to be top case mounted. Hopefully aerial wire will be long enough.

Sticks have also been swopped over to change to mode 1 and RETA  has been entered in the appropriate place....(Rudder Elevator Throttle Aileron)

IMG_0576.JPG

There is a confirmed bug, with the compatibility check while running companion in windows, it is fails even on the initial 2.1 model

They are still investigating - detail in the link above

neil

isoaritfirst

First impressions are very good. Screen and menu control stands out as a major improvement over the plus.

Sliders are nicer to use than the plus's rotary knobs. Telemetry screen is just where it should be and lovely and clear display.

Feels balanced on strap - although I haven't tried it on a simple neck strap which would be more convenient.

Negatives - having to unscrew back case .. MPX 4000 with simple click on and off is the way forward. 

Screws makes battery management more painful, and screws tapping into plastic may not like regular removal.

Protective case is bigger than it needs to be, sounds like a small point but carrying everything in a rucksak up a big hill it could be significantly smaller. I will probably mod that.

Edited by isoaritfirst

Can I plug a 35Mhz module in so it can be as flexible as my MC4000 ?

Looking good though.  I do love the courage of you "early adopters"  8-)

Can I plug a 35Mhz module in so it can be as flexible as my MC4000 ?

Looking good though.  I do love the courage of you "early adopters"  8-)

You should be able to. As you can see from Mike's photo above it takes secondary RF modules. If you could find a JR 35mhz RF module, you could make it work if you could route the aerial.

• Like 1

You should be able to. As you can see from Mike's photo above it takes secondary RF modules. If you could find a JR 35mhz RF module, you could make it work if you could route the aerial.

was only joking, but I do have a JR module ..........