The Frsky X9E Thread

satinet

• 2 weeks later...

I've read most of this thread and i'm lead to believe that the X9E range issues have now been addressed and so my first question is..... is the general consensus that the MK2 version of this radio is now fit for use ???.

After eleven years of flying "thumbs" i've now started flying "pinch" on my X9D and actually getting to like it after a few hours practice. I'm thinking that maybe a tray style radio might become more appealing with a few more hours practice.

The real test will come when i try to fly my helicopters whilst "pinching" the sticks, however i'm not sure if the X9E will allow me fast enough access to the switches due to the nature of the X9E's ergonomics.

However that said i notice that T9hobbysport sell stick mounted switches which might solve the problem of requiring instantaneous access to the rescue and throttle hold switches and would also come in handy for gliders too.

https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-gimble-top-switches

My second question is can theses switches be mounted onto the stock X9E gimbals with no other modifications required as obviously they would need to have hollow sticks in order to pass the switch wires through.

Thanks

I now have two X9E transmitters. Both were purchased this year from the last build and both have given no problems with transmission. 

My first one purchased from the first run was incapable of flying anything with any carbon near it at  anything over 50 meters without giving range warnings. This was eventually exchanged for number 2.  I then bought No 3 as a back up transmitter  

I used a mpx module with no 1 with no problems, but could not use the frysky receivers .

so I am very aware of the issues, and can report that my last two No2 & No 3 have no problems ..

despite this I recently bought a Jeti as my no 1 transmitter and will keep one X9E as a backup transmitter   

I fly thumbs and have found the handling to suit me. The longer reach on the sticks make for more accurate control. For fast aggressive moves you do need to put more effort into moving the sticks fast and to their extremes ,  after a few minutes flying I found that was ideal and my flying was smoother and more controlled, probably similar to how you found switching to pinch flying  

Having bought a Jeti, I do now have a x9e for sale 

one is test flown only the other has been used for gliders only since mid year  

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

I'm still using an x9e, somewhat modded to suit me.  Post Radioglide, I found that one of the arm latches had failed.  I subsequently found that an ebay version of the latch spares for Addis  'pop top' bins, makes a cheap substitute.  Tx was from T9, Sept 2015