Lundy Fest 2021!

Lundylynda

Thanks so very much for your positive response to my message I. I have received a few deposits already. Andy  and Les, Phil T and JP..   So ..Just one more  that I cant identify from the bank reference ? Please let me know :) if you have sent a deposit please. .) 

Hoping John and Mark are getting up to speed with a Back Gammon challenge... I have been practising! Anyone else in the group up for that that ?

Lyundylynda :)

Hi Lynda,

I didn’t know about this, until Adam mentioned it.

however myself (Rob), my partner & some other guests have secured a booking up at ‘Old Light’.

We will be on the Island 4 days before you guys ‘n’ gals (down to our guests having to observe school terms & needing to leave on the Saturday you all arrive), but we are staying for 10 days, so will get to spend some time with a few familiar faces no doubt!

• Like 1

Lundylynda

That great news Rob ! So I will put your names down for the meal and events :) It will be lovely to see you and meet your partner:)

Hi Lynda,

sorry I didn’t mean to self-invite ourselves.

we are going to Lundy for a holiday, to co-inside with your event, as it will be nice to see some familiar faces.

We are not intending on bringing any flying apparatus and don’t want to encroach on the meals & events. Just a few drinks in good company in the tavern will suit us fine.

hope that doesn’t come over wrongly...

• Like 1

oipigface
16 hours ago, redalert said:

to co-inside

Co-inside? That’s illegal nowadays!

• Haha 2

Lundylynda
On 29/04/2020 at 21:30, redalert said:

Hi Lynda,

I didn’t know about this, until Adam mentioned it.

however myself (Rob), my partner & some other guests have secured a booking up at ‘Old Light’.

We will be on the Island 4 days before you guys ‘n’ gals (down to our guests having to observe school terms & needing to leave on the Saturday you all arrive), but we are staying for 10 days, so will get to spend some time with a few familiar faces no doubt!

Hi Rob

We would be more than happy if you wanted to join us for our Barn Events Rob.  You would both be more than welcome. I certainly didn't think you had invited yourself lol. Just really pleased that you would be on the Island with your friends and partner. 

LundyLynda

• 4 weeks later...
Lundylynda

Hi all. 

Well, lets hope that we get some of this lovely weather in September 2021 will just a little more wind perhaps. Anything but northerlies as its a long walk!

I was wondering if any of you have been watching ' Discover Lundy' on U Tube. The link to the U tube site is as follows;- 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiiiLjqR7ILsRDwL7OcQpHA

This will give you an incite as to why so many people enjoy this peaceful island from flying planes, to bird watching, rock climbing, swimming with seals, or, just chilling out in the Marisco Tavern with a pint or two and a plate of cheesy chips.

Thanks to all who have sent in their deposits so far, much appreciated. Only a few to go now. I am holding the remaining amount paid in a deposit account. With a year and 4 months to go, I am very confident that we will all be able to enjoy a  group visit. There are a few properties left for couples, families, or anyone who is very adventurous and would like to book Tibbetts! Tibbetts is one the island's quirkiest buildings and as remote and simple as anyone could wish. It is said that 14 lighthouses can be seen from it on a clear night. Its the only property that has no electricity; however, it has a pumped water supply and a shower. It also retains the original four built-in bunks. (Ask John and Mark Treble all about it- if you fancy giving it ago!) Camping however is still an inexpensive option with great facilities and not quite as long a walk to the pub!

You all still have plenty of time to make/buy/dream up some 'All at Sea' costumes! Joe has already decided on his! I am going to practice some hearty Sailors Stew. I have already found one with rum! Apparently there are recipes out there for Sea Urchin Cheesecakes! 

LundyLynda

• Like 3

Lundylynda

Thanks to all for sending me their deposits  for the barn. This is very much appreciated and, rest assured you will be refunded 'if'.' in  a year and and three months time... its.. 'not' an option .. . Lets stay positive however!  A lot can change in one year and 3 months time .. so, I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all in Sept 2021!

I have just noticed that there must be many folks looking ahead!  The Camping option is now closed. So, its not just me looking forward into the future!  There are 5 properties however, still open to book. The Quarters property is still available and has always been a particular favourite  place of mine to stay on Lundy. It was the first' property I stayed in. It's close to the pub, has fantastic views of the Island and a little garden for setting up your models!

So, if a few of you want to go 'as a group' ( there is one double bed.. and 3 options for the single  )  its a fab place for 5.  

Joe has built a new 'Indoor free flight model'. It was tested this week in my local church hall. It maiden flight was fab... apart from the fact the model landed on a beam during its maiden flight lol!  So .... you will be pleased to hear...it was dislodged the next night,, by a very long pole lol!. It looks like it will be a contender for the indoor barn comp!

LundyLynda 

Edited by Lundylynda
revised
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

After a change in circumstances I'm not going to be able to make it to Lundy next year. 

I've got a place in the barn and have put a deposit down. Is there anyone who would like to take my place in the barn?

We will need to let Lynda know and probably easiest for her if she simply changes the name on my deposit and the person taking my place simply reimburses me direct.

Brett

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all.....Well, its looking more positive for our trip to Lundy next year. Hopefully we will all be topped up with a vaccine which will allow those in the Barn to be together and give us a venue to hold our evening events. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas!  Still camping spaces available for those of you who would like to join us. Stay safe :) Lundy Lynda

• Like 4

Very pleased to welcome Pete Duckworth to our Lundyfest 2021 adventures. Still plenty of time to think about 'the costume' lol . 

Lundylynda

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A big positive New Years ...look at our September visit to Lundy!!!

I was considering our options due to the current situation however....... The Landmark Trust have issued the following statement, so I think we can all sit tight and potentially look forward to our event in September. I am aware we have a few visitors from outside the UK .. but we have 6 months . so a lot of time for things to change..... and I  am hoping that we will all have been given 'vaccinations' and looking forward to social events  

This is the last post from The Landmark Trust . which I hope you will all find positive,..  in their own words...

'If you would like to cancel your booking

We understand that you might not feel comfortable staying in or travelling to a Landmark at the moment or may need to stay at home because of sickness, test and trace, regional restrictions or because you or any of your guests are individually affected by government restrictions. In accordance with our normal terms and conditions, we only refund bookings that you cancel if we are able to re-let the stay or we are given significant advance notice and a cancellation fee may apply. This is set out in detail in our normal terms and conditions.

However, in recognition of the unusual circumstances we all face and in addition to our normal terms and conditions, as a temporary measure customers can defer a break up to and including 30 September 2021 with 14 days or more notice.

To do so, log into your account. Under current bookings, you will see an option to cancel any eligible bookings. When you confirm the cancellation, you will be sent a credit voucher by email to be redeemed before the end of 2022.'

So perhaps we cam now more positively look forward to 2021.. I will of course keep you posted. 

Lundy Lynda

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
Lundylynda

Well .. Today marked a step in the right direction for so many of us in the UK... its now possible to have a pint inside in a pub in England!! . I therefore thought I would start this thread again so that everyone is all up-to speed for our forthcoming much needed holiday!

Firstly, we are firmly 'all steam ahead' or, should I say 'We will all be.. at Sea,' in September and I am looking forward to welcoming you all on our slope soaring mecca, along with /swimming/snorkelling/bird watching/rambling/drinking/slot car racing/darts adventure. Not all activities are compulsory!

I intend however to do a 'head count' ' so we have firm numbers of those joining us. (I am aware that we have a few flyers from abroad so can those booked in the barn from outside the UK, let me know if they intend to keep their place. I do hope so!) This will allow me to plan in advance for any group meals I will be cooking.

We sadly will not be seeing Tom (and his Banjo) and Pauline this year as they have recently welcomed a lovely new puppy into their family and unfortunately cant bring him with them. So, if you were thinking you would like to join us, the property 'Little St John' will be free. Its has a twin room so two flyers sharing would be possible, or a flyer and their partner could enjoy the lovely sea views from the sitting room. Please do let me know if you are interested within the next week as Tom is holding on to it for just a short while in case anyone on this forum is interested.

I will be posting further details over the next few weeks, so you all know what to expect. Its worth mentioning that the Oldenburgh  sails early on the day of our departure on the 4th September from Ilfracombe Harbour. This will be 10am so, as many of you already know, you need to be on the quayside and parked by 9am. Many of us decide to book a B&B the day before (so we can meet up, have a few drinks and a bite to eat the night before and chill out) and not have the worry of a nightmare trip from various places down busy motorways on the day of departure. (I can only say that Adam's little soulful face ,facing a boat of waving flyers a few hundred feet away at sea, is not one I want to see repeated!) (Don't worry he was able to get a fishing boat to help him out the next day...no guarantees on that happening again though! lol) :)Its worth mentioning that Ilfracombe is getting booked up quickly, so its well worth booking yourself in, in the near future. The return journey on Saturday 11th will be to Bideford Harbour and anticipated to arrive at 20.15pm. Some of you may therefore prefer to get your cars parked up in Bideford before the 4th, so you can drive away once your planes and luggage are unloaded from the boat. (Please note that coaches are provided to those who's cars are parked up at Ilfracombe. Its about a 50 minute ride.[Please note that they only transport you and your personal luggage not model boxes on the coaches).  

So, we are still planning at this stage to run all of the events (unless governmental guidelines change), so I hope, that over the next three months, you will find enough time, to make, or acquire 'All at Sea costumes'.( Again not compulsory, but most do join in.). I will never forget baby Jesus and hairy Mary walking up from the pub, to be greeted by a King on a camel's back! Don't forget you will need to pack your favourite 'slot car'. (Good old fashioned analogue, not digital).

I will be posting more about final payments required, (to include model boxes, group food, indoor silent flight and boat trip tickets ) in the near future. Please do ask away however, if you have any questions.

Lundy Lynda

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lundylynda said:

(I can only say that Adam's little soulful face ,facing a boat of waving flyers a few hundred feet away at sea, is not one I want to see repeated!)

Why not? Sounds like fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Well

olivia and I are still up for the trip, uncle Pete is doubtful 🙁 Daniel is hopefull but UK may not let him in 👍

jp 

• Like 2

Lundylynda

Hello Sailors!

I am sure a number of you will have received a request to pay the remaining amount on your properties for September. We are still assuming the ' very best outcome and are therefore we are making plans for the events. With that in mind, please could I do a 'roll call' on those of you who are definitely coming and those who hope to, dependant on travel restrictions. I need this information to purchase sufficient 'indoor free flight kits'  trophies and get some idea of how many I am cooking for. I will only be doing a BBQ this year, but there will be a pudding! I will then be able to let you know the additional costs for the trip. 

It is important to note that all models can only be transported to the Island in model boxes. We are no longer able to carry models on deck with your hand luggage (health and Safety). Meaning that all models will be placed into the 'the front cargo hold of the ship'. For those 'newbies' coming out this year , us hardened campaigners have built 'light weight plywood ( or want of a better word- coffins), to safely transport our models. Pack them with minimal weight in mind, removing ballast etc. and pack your support equipment (i.e. transmitters, charges within your luggage). Please also bear in mind there is a weight restriction for luggage which we will clarify shortly. There has been a modest increase to the charge this year making it £29 per box. If it is possible, try sharing your box with others to try and reduce the amount of individual boxes going into the hold.( Please PM me for further info, if required) The boat trip is £76 return with an additional £6.00 per person for the coach relay trip on your return, if required. For those of you in the Barn, I will tally up the additional costs so I can pay the Landmark Trust in one lump sum. 

What do you call a sea Turtle that flies?  

Lundy Lynda 

• Like 4

Lundylynda
14 hours ago, mtreble said:

Super Turtle

spacer.png

Good guess , but not quite right Mark 

I have one Barn space available if anyone is interested. 

Lundy Lynda

• Haha 1