English Open 2021 August 21-22

Nigel_W

246877312_EOposter2021v1.png.206ea47f77423c528774e03ee6c6342d.png

Hi everyone, the English Open F3F competition this year will be held on 21-22 August, hosted by the White Sheet Radio Flying Club.  This is a relaxed 2-day event, and new entrants to F3F will be very welcome.

The entry list will open at 10am (BST) on Saturday 19th June on the GBSRA site.  http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries  The entry fee will be £20 payable on the day. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Tone-the-glider
14 hours ago, Nigel_W said:

Worth booking table/s at The George in Mere?  Looks like half a dozen so far. 

Count me in also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, a few notes in advance of next weekend.

We are keeping an eye on the forecast, which is quite variable at present, and will advise further on Wednesday evening whether conditions on both days are flyable.  The SE bowl is available if needed.

A table is booked at the George Inn for 8 people on Saturday night, but is flexible on numbers if anyone else would like to join - ideally let me know.

We don't plan a specific Covid-19 procedure, but if anyone has symptoms or should be isolating, please don't attend.

Nigel

• Like 6

On 15/08/2021 at 18:51, Nigel_W said:

We are keeping an eye on the forecast, which is quite variable at present, and will advise further on Wednesday evening whether conditions on both days are flyable.  The SE bowl is available if needed.

I've never flown at White Sheet but was just looking at the site map on the website. It shows a SW bowl but nothing for SE?

42 minutes ago, DDM said:

I've never flown at White Sheet but was just looking at the site map on the website. It shows a SW bowl but nothing for SE?

They have a secret squirrel site they use in occasions like this that they get express permission for 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I looks like we will have flyable conditions on both days, so the comp will run in full as hoped.   Final advice about the slope will be on Friday evening because if it is the SE slope then the approach is from the East end of the track.

One essential piece of admin that I forgot.  I will need your BMFA and CAA Operator number, ideally by email to nwitchalls (at) blueyonder.co.uk, or otherwise on the day.

Entrants are welcome to sport fly on the Friday if arriving early.

• Like 3

Hello all, we have decided to make an early weather call.  The forecasts reasonably consistently agree that Saturday is not at all good now for both rain and direction until mid or late afternoon, and showers and turbulence may persist.  Therefore Saturday is OFF.  Those planning to stay overnight may sport fly if conditions are suitable.

We will run Sunday as a 1-day English Open, with the course set up for a prompt start.  Meeting time is 9am at the normal White Sheet site.  The entry fee will be £10.

See you on Sunday.

• Like 1

Please see post above ref weather call.  Some may change their travel arrangements so please can those who still intend to be at The George on Saturday evening respond with a Like to this post.

• Like 3

Eminently sensible call under the weather circumstances Nigel.

See you bright eyed and bushy tailed at the crack of doom on Sunday.

• Like 1

The white sheet field kitchen will be there. Bacon rolls, Linda’s finest for our vegetarian fliers, and some cake too. And a comp as well, what’s not to like. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2