F3K Nationals 2023, Buckminster, 17-18th June

PaulR

If you're a newcomer, wanting to try your first competition, please don't be put off by the fact that this is the 2023 Nationals. These two day events are the ideal opportunity to give it a go and will be run with a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of help available for those that need it. View the video here: Radioglide 2023 to give you a flavour of one of our typical events...

Details

• 17-18th June 2023
  • All are welcome. Newcomers encouraged. If you can launch and land, safely and consistently then please consider entering and discovering the joys of competition!
  • Plenty of help will be available with explanations of tasks etc on the day.
  • CD will be Neil Harrison.
  • Scoring will be using F3XVault.com Please ensure you are registered on the website and ideally have saved your credentials on your mobile device in order to log in at the field.
  • Having said that, difficulties or queries around scoring etc should not discourage you from entering as we can work around most issues and assist on the day.
  • Pilots briefing will be at 09:45 for a prompt start at 10:00. Please give yourself plenty of time to ensure no delay to the event start.
  • As well as being the National Championship, this is also a BMFA UK League and Team Selection event.

Entry

• BMFA membership is required.
  • Entry is via F3XVault. Link to registration: BMFA F3K 2023 Nationals
  • Entry fee is £15 per day, payable at the event. Any excess generated by the event will contribute to the WC Team Travel Fund.
  • Event registration is required before 18:00 on the preceding Friday, but please consider registering as early as possible to assist in planning.
  • Camping is available on site and will be charged at the standard rate (sliding scale, see National Centre website)

Current entries

spacer.png

Confirmation

• All F3K events are subject to potential cancellation due to weather conditions or lack of entries (min 8).
  • Please check this thread for up to date information before travelling.

Directions

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MikeDLG said:

Anyone else entering?  

Well done. You seem to have inspired two more entries!

• Like 1

Neil Harrison
1 minute ago, MikevE said:

Looks great, the only question now is do I dump you guys for F5J instead?

😆😜

Wash your mouth out Mikey 😝

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Neil Harrison said:

Wash your mouth out Mikey 😝

I have acquired more mouthwash for just that purpose! You and Paul have first dibs. :)

• Thanks 1

Neil Harrison

We will be having our usual BBQ in our pits area on the Saturday night, please bring your own food and drink, BBQ will be provided as always.

It's going to be a hot weekend so please make sure that you bring plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and do not forget your sun screen, there will be a spare at the CD tent if anyone needs it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm signing up too- will need to dust off the cobwebs having missed the last 2 comps. Weather looks awesome. Looking forward to it!

• Like 3

Pete in Northiam
On 12/06/2023 at 09:33, Neil Harrison said:

... It's going to be a hot weekend so please make sure that you bring plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and do not forget your sun screen, there will be a spare at the CD tent if anyone needs it.

Good advice! Which I am hereby copying for the FxRES contest this weekend too! Thank you :)

17 minutes ago, MikevE said:

I'm sorry, I've gone down with lurgy so won't be coming. I'm rather sad.

That’s a shame Mike. Hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Over the last few days the weather has consistantly forecast rain for some point on Sunday.  We might be lucky, however I woukd like to plan on the safe side.

I am sure everyone is staying over on the Saturday night so I will plan to fly as many rounds as we can.  Therefore I am changing from 4pm to 5pm as the cut off for a new round to be started.

If there is any objections to this please let me know.

Screenshot_20230616_075013_XCWeather.jpg

Screenshot_20230616_075027_XCWeather.jpg

• Like 4

Matrix is all done. Score cards printed. I’m about to set off. 

Anyone else staying overnight tonight? I probably won’t be there until 10:30 or after. 

thechalster

Top job to Neil and Paul for all their efforts.  Saturday bbq best yet.  Weather on Sunday caught us out in a positive way, and we got a lot of flying in.

well done to Mike S,  flew the best thought out both days so a well deserved win. Battle for second between Gave and Corne, good flying and great to see that the top 3 are the uk team for this years WC, keep up the practice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To echo the above, well done to the top three! 
It will probably be this evening before I can go through the score cards to verify everything. I’ve been informed about one mistake so far but no idea if it will affect any results. 
If anyone still has a score card they didn’t hand in them please send me a picture as I’m not sure I collected them all in the slightly chaotic end to the day…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fabulous weekend.  Big thanks to Paul and Neil once again for organising.  I am obviously very happy with my performance.  There were just two rounds that I was not happy with.  One, I was just not focussed so did not make the most of the air and the other was a very stupid mistake.  My launching seems to be getting better, which helped, I'm sure.  

Very nice to have new pilot, Sam, join us on Sunday.  Hopefully we will see you again soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In lieu of our normal "see you next time at..." discussion on the field, we will be at Fish Meadow on the 1st July.

The event is F3XVault here and I'll open registration in a minute. Full event post will be up later.

• Like 1