Moncontour - FF World Champs

PeterT

10 minutes ago, PeterT said:

Mike, if Andy Symonds is going to present these on the BFMA website it would be brilliant. These photos and your comments bring it home to most people what F1A, F1B & F1C are capable of achieving. Keep up the good work !

Peter

Andy is using the BARCS Forum as a source - selecting some material from here..  I was having trouble doing two lots of output….. Thanks Andy!

BMFA:- https://bmfa.org/gbr-teams/f1-free-flight-world-championships

There is also a BMFA Facebook feed.

Thanks for the information, I'll look up the BMFA website as soon as I've finished this !! I'm afraid that I don't do Facebook 😀

Opening ceremony was yesterday - first contest day is tomorrow- F1A.  Good luck to Kris Best, John Carter, Stuart Darmon and Chris Edge.

The full team were not available for the picture yesterday but their details are on the BMFA website - link above.

7DDB0258-A31A-48E5-B884-E393646FB986.jpeg.3e6c40106a448052460dbbc912956b1d.jpeg

Hello Mike, isn't John Carter rather than John Cooper who is in the F1A team? The BFMA site suggests that it is Carter, John Cooper was is the 2013 team and lost 1 second instead of maxing out by landing on the sunflowers if I recall ! 😕

Peter, yes I have corrected my mistake.  It was a long evening at the Pizza place when I got sent the picture…. John Cooper was sitting next to me - they are both here.

Cloudy, bright and cool start with a gentle breeze.  The conditions are no problem for a well trimmed model off a decent launch- the best are making it look almost too easy.

John Cooper and Brian Lavis walk out for the start..

580D4EB2-682B-41FE-A075-76BC961385E2.thumb.jpeg.5ac09ad4f3388cf75c32bc2f657ea74b.jpeg

Busy scene at the GBR pole before round one.

008A256A-EF76-474C-A1AA-D40D07ABD92F.thumb.jpeg.d95fed377d1e2ab2fde3d46516934fd0.jpeg

The start order is Carter, Edge, Darmon, Best.

Kris Best starts towing..

2457EC6B-288C-48D1-ABD4-42E96FECC326.jpeg.02d9ce75ba76b2da9c456c8eada6e45e.jpeg

John Carter away first in the third.  A long tow a fab launch and a nice thermal.  Safe as houses.

Chris edge towing for his third..

Started stalling a lot in the middle of the flight but settled to DT from less the 10 meters - 3 minute max.

67 clear going into lunch.  Now in round 5 Carter maxed Edge had an attempt - model did not release from line.  Then Darmon towed in - now Kris is to tow.  Kris has released in a very gentle patch and floated slowly down for max - dt'd at 10m.

Chris will tow now

Round 6

John up on the signal - well controlled 15 minute tow, covering a lot of ground to get a good position downwind of the line. Fabulous high launch into the middle of a group in lift - easy max.

Now Chris.

Good one from Chris - well placed, high launch - slight stall and wandering glide that tightened into a smooth thermal.

There were a few spots of rain for a couple of hours with darker skies.  Brightening now and warming but haven't seen the sun and I still have my wind proof on.  Much cooler than recent days.

Stuarts's flight was coming down when it established itself in lift and was well up when it DT'd.  Nice thermal-centering trim.  Come on Kris, make it four.