Moncontour - FF World Champs

PeterT

Saturday.  I'm by the river Thouet writing this. The presentation ceremony and the closing banquet are today.  We are all a bit frayed after more than ten days of activity.  Gentle rain this morning and welcome cooler conditions.

B62D8DDC-4880-47B1-97BA-2970A592AAB3.jpeg.97f1c91ce63bf46a2e6e14882d7c9a51.jpeg

• Like 1

Bill Colledge

Hi Peter T,

your eating skills were sorely missed during the Moules eating contest at Pas de Jaux.

I did my best with many helpings, however, lacklustre support from Mr Ball and no other help what so ever from the rest of the British Team and supporters. The Danes completely overpowered us.Not our finest showing!

Best wishes Bill

IMG_0271.thumb.jpeg.e5c78e8a2be68de1918925b8bbc91976.jpeg

Hello Bill, what a pleasant surprise ! I really miss my Moules  at Pas de Jeu, and I'm sure that mon ami mate Gavin does too. In fact I'll have to get my wife to buy some in the near future and the only problem is eating them with one hand - but we shall see !!

I see that the marquee is still going strong and hope that Poitou continues for many a year. Give my regards to Phil  (the last photo I have is him and Ivan polishing off the rest of the Moules) and I'll have to ask my son for a lift to Pas de Jeu next year !

Peter