Team GBR 2023 F3K World Championships

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

Today our team GBR fly out to Romainia for the 2023 F3K World Championships.

Carlos dos Santos - Team Manager
Mike Stern - Pilot
Gavin Stern - Pilot
Cornelius van Onselen - Pilot

Updates from the team on their progress and information about the WC will be on this thread.

I hope you all join me in wishing them the very best of luck.

Go do your best guys, and above all, enjoy it.

IMG-20230810-WA0026.jpg

• Like 3

So far, so good. Models all arrived intact. We didn’t drive into a river. We’ve had a sleep and breakfast. Oh, we did get an emergency alert about a bear on the way here! Also, the hotel is pretty lush.

IMG_3508.thumb.jpeg.46ee23073cb72da0dd1dd37179051da1.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg.3bb37abbbb6a30833029000d248e1b2c.jpeg

IMG_3514.thumb.jpeg.2d7a2628015474af88d7022a79aa33bd.jpeg

• Like 7

Had a surprisingly good day today, ending up 5th.  We had all the conditions today.  Hot and calm in the morning and ending up 7-12m/s wind and overcast in the late afternoon into the evening. We started r6 at 6:50pm! Last flight, 5mins. Finished at nearly 8pm. There were some really epic flights by some great pilots. Flew my strong bamf 2 with 108g ballast, so roughly 345g. It wasn’t really enough.  After 2 1min something flights, I changed tactic and managed to surf a tree line to make 3:32.  Was happy with that, but didn’t think it was good enough. Turned out I was only 6secs off winning the round!  It was a tough afternoon. The last two rounds really churned up the leader board. 

• Like 7

Just managed to max r11. Made it tough for myself though. It was 3x 3mins. Made a bad choice of direction for the first one, ended up low down wind. Just made it back for box and just made the time. Bad launch for the 2nd, took a while to hook up lift, bad launch for the 3rd and again struggled a bit hook up. But made all the times. Only one round left, then the drop round comes in. So even if mess up badly, my worst score is 908, then 946. So I am now guaranteed a good placing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MikeDLG said:

Just managed to max r11. Made it tough for myself though. It was 3x 3mins. Made a bad choice of direction for the first one, ended up low down wind. Just made it back for box and just made the time. Bad launch for the 2nd, took a while to hook up lift, bad launch for the 3rd and again struggled a bit hook up. But made all the times. Only one round left, then the drop round comes in. So even if mess up badly, my worst score is 908, then 946. So I am now guaranteed a good placing.

Shame about the discards kickin in.  It has benefited other more than you.  You were in 2nd place by R11.

Absolutely fantastic consistency with no score below 900.  Put you in a great position for the main event were consistent flying like that will pay off.

Top 10 

• Like 1

Well done team

top 10 

23rd

40th in first international F3k

and a TM who knows what he is doing

I would be happy with that.

Keep it going

• Like 2