F3K League Event: Twywell, 30th Sept

PaulR

Details

• Saturday 30th Sept, 2023
  • All are welcome. Newcomers encouraged. If you can launch and land, safely and consistently then please consider entering and discovering the joys of competition!
  • Plenty of help will be available with explanations of tasks etc on the day.
  • CD will be Paul Robinson.
  • Scoring will be using F3XVault.com Please ensure you are registered on the website and ideally have saved your credentials on your mobile device in order to log in at the field.
  • Having said that, difficulties or queries around scoring etc should not discourage you from entering as we can work around most issues and assist on the day.
  • Pilots briefing will be at 9:45 for a prompt start at 10:00am. Please give yourself plenty of time to ensure no delay to the event start.
  • This is a BMFA UK League and Team Selection event.

Entry

• BMFA membership is required.
  • Entry is via F3XVault. Link to registration: BMFA F3K 2023 Twywell 3
  • Entry fee is £10, payable on the day.
  • Event registration is required before 6pm on the preceding day, but please consider registering as early as possible to assist in planning.

Current Entries

spacer.png

Confirmation

• All F3K events are subject to potential cancellation due to weather conditions or lack of entries (min 8).
  • Please check this thread for up to date information before travelling.

Directions

• Directions below are for the main field. An alternative field about 150m away may be used depending on weather conditions.
  • Confirmation of field will be posted here if necessary.
  • Location on: Google Maps
  • Location on What3words: ///locator.figs.dabbling
  • Don't forget a change of footwear for the journey home to avoid sheep crap all over your car.
  • And a change of socks if its wet!

image.png.00512ad27daacff66269c66467d7c178.png

• Like 1

Hi all, long range forecast is looking good for the 30th. 
With only two entries so far I’m keen to know if everyone is just undecided, not able to go or just disorganised 😉

So, anyone else likely to be coming? Or sure they aren’t?

Also, don’t forget we have the Saturday two weeks following this one at Fish Meadow too…

44 minutes ago, Kohen said:

Any other usualy suspects lurking around and planning on joining in?  🕵️‍♂️🧑‍🦯

I’ve just heard about the possibility of some new pilots joining us for the day, so I’m more hopeful we’ll reach 8 entries by the end of the week…

• Like 2

Unfortunately I cannot make this Saturday, I will be representing both Superfly and F3K UK at the National Builders Exhibition at Buckminster.

Hoping to recruit some new pilots and promote our 'Come Try' events for 2024.

Wishing you all good thermals and a great day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick reminder that since Neil H will not be there we will not have spare timing boards and Pandoras. We'll need to share as not all entrants will have one. For those that do have a Pandora, please ensure that you remember to bring it along and charge it beforehand.

Also, new entrants, if you can find a small board for holding score cards when you're timing for people it will save having to locate and share these each round too - and don't forget a pen or pencil. If we have an even number of pilots we'll probably run two groups so you'll either be timing or flying all day (with some prep time before each group).

If there are any other pre-first comp questions then feel free to ask them.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, FlyingFinn14 said:

@PaulR, where can we buy one ? thanks 

Not sure if Neil still has some that are for sale. Other than that, there may be one becoming available shortly. I'll PM you after the weekend.

With no major issues with the forecast for tomorrow, I'm calling the contest ON and I'll see you all in the morning. 

If nothing changes with the 10 pilots registered I'll schedule 2 groups of 5 with reasonable gaps between groups (and a lunch break).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Corne!

It was a challenging day in terms of conditions but very satisfying when you finally managed to center in some decent lift.

That makes 6 different event winners this season and 3 first time winners. No idea if it actually is, but it sounds like it should be some kind of record!

Glad to see John and Kevin there and I hope you'll both be able to join us for the last of the season and continue next year too.

• Like 3

Well done Corne and Kohen. Both had very consistent days. 
And thanks to Paul again for running the contest. 
I hope John and Kevin enjoyed their day and will come back. 

• Like 2

Wow, this is so fantastic! Well done Corne! More of those to come I think.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I'm still a bit under the weather today. This round of vax knocked me for a six.

Neil Harrison

Many, many congratulations to Conre.  🏆

Personally this win for Corne means a lot to me, what an amazing success story!!  Recruited from one of our 'Come Try' DLG events, Corne has gone on to become one of our most consistent top performers, I feel immensely proud.

Also this is yet another new winner, so for the last 3 competitions we have had 3 new first time winners, this is testament to the increasing quality of flying, something everyone should be proud of.

I have now updated the league table, with one competition left to go, it looks like Mike Stern cannot be caught, its all to play for second place with a number of pilots in contention to take second and third place.

Malvern on Saturday 14th October is our last official league contest for 2023, let's hope for some great weather and a good number of pilots to close out the season.  

I have some presentations to make at Malvern, and no one will go home empty handed.

• Like 2