F3K League Event: Fish Meadow, 20th April 2024

PaulR

Details

• Saturday 20th April 2024
  • All are welcome. Newcomers encouraged. If you can launch and land, safely and consistently then please consider entering and discovering the joys of competition!
  • Plenty of help will be available with explanations of tasks etc on the day.
  • CD will be Paul Robinson
  • Scoring will be using F3XVault.com Please ensure you are registered on the website and ideally have saved your credentials on your mobile device in order to log in at the field. Having said that, difficulties or queries around scoring etc should not discourage you from entering as we can work around most issues and assist on the day.
  • Pilots briefing will be at 09:45 for a prompt start at 10:00. Please give yourself plenty of time to ensure no delay to the event start.
  • This is a BMFA UK League and Team Selection event.

Entry

• BMFA membership is required.
  • Entry is via F3XVault. Link to registration: BMFA F3K 2024 Fish Meadow 1
  • Entry fee is £15, payable on the day.
  • Event registration is required before midnight on the preceding Thursday, but please consider registering as early as possible to assist in planning.
  • Currently registered pilots

spacer.png

Confirmation

• All F3K events are subject to potential cancellation due to weather conditions or lack of entries (min 6).
  • Please check this thread for up to date information before travelling.

Directions

• The satellite image view shows it very clearly.
  • Exit the A4104 onto E(ast) Waterside.
  • Drive to the end and turn right, heading through the tunnel, back under the A4104 into the field.
  • Please stick to driving along the track on the edge of the field.
  • We'll probably park up over on the side of the field where the "Sunshine Festival" is indicated on Google Maps. 
  • Expect access to the field to be available from 09:00 am for a 09:45 briefing and prompt 10:00 start.

The gate will be open at the start of the day for competitors to drive onto the field.  Then it will be locked again.  It can be opened again during the day if competitors need to drive in and out, time permitting. Spectators are welcome, but unless they want to stay all day like competitors, will need to park on the right along the slip road just off the main road.  The parking here is obvious and used by locals who come to walk the footpath around the field.

image.png.d852959318bffd6e4c42e117a480a89d.png

• Like 1

FlyingFinn14

Hi @PaulR,

Do you know if there is suitable headroom for a big van to get through the underpass ? I'm in a 2.6m tall van  😬

Thanks 

28 minutes ago, FlyingFinn14 said:

Hi @PaulR,

Do you know if there is suitable headroom for a big van to get through the underpass ? I'm in a 2.6m tall van  😬

Thanks 

We had this query a couple of years back. It was way higher than I thought it was. A normal(?) height sprinter got through without a problem. 

Just found the question from last time:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Neil Harrison

If the van is bigger, there is an alternative entrance via the campsite.

Neil Harrison

Paul has recieved the all clear from the club with regards to the condition of the field, and with the weather improving throughout the week it can only get better.

The longterm forecast for the weather for Saturday is looking great.  Thursday is the close for entries so please make sure you get yourself booked in.

Screenshot_20240416_163127_XCWeather.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/04/2024 at 12:49, FlyingFinn14 said:

@FlyingFinn14 - I don't see you registered yet. Are you going to manage to join us?

• Like 1

Pretty please, I beg we have 3 groups rather than 2? It's much more relaxing to fly one round, time the next, and have a round off.

49 minutes ago, MikevE said:

Pretty please, I beg we have 3 groups rather than 2? It's much more relaxing to fly one round, time the next, and have a round off.

Since we made it up to 12 I was already going to matrix for 3 groups.

I'm CD too unless anyone else fancies taking the responsibility (since Neil managed to double book himself).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi folks. 
I can’t find my Pandora. I may have left I behind at comp, end of last year. It’s attached to a white corflute clipboard. If anyone has it. Please bring along tomorrow. Thanks
looking forward to some fun flying. 
Edited:  Scrap that! Found it😀
 Will. 

• Like 1

In case anyone was in any doubt, the event is on.

See you all at the field in the morning.

• Like 4

MikeDLG

Thanks Paul. Great contest. We had some really interesting conditions and many really good flights today.  I certainly had some memorable ones, some for good reasons, some for bad!  The scores were pretty tight.  Pleased to see all the newer pilots doing so well. 

• Like 1

thechalster

Nice one Paul.

Really slick run comp

wire less system worked faultlessly.

but missed the boat boats 🤪

• Like 1

MikeDLG

I forgot to say well done to @thechalster for the win. Very consistent flying except when you lead us both astray in no man’s land!

And yes, the wireless speakers worked so well that I didn’t realise they were wireless until Paul’s voice was coming out of the back Challinor’s car!

• Like 2

Results have been checked and no significant errors found.

@thechalster - Congratulations on the win.

And thanks of course to the MSA for use of the field.

image.thumb.png.244030957bf3fd2091ce383717288416.png 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

FlyingFinn14

Wicked day !! cant wait for Radioglide, fingers crossed for the weather !! 🚀

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

Sorry I couldn't be there, it looks like you all enjoyed some great weather and tight competition.

League scores now updated.