Slope and DS videos

Skip

• 2 months later...

Sadly & reluctantly I am presently selling my 5mtr HF Ventus 2 ax 😭

For those of you not familiar with this lovely model, i thought you would be interested to see the following very nice video of Thomas Moller maidening his own HF Ventus 5/6 mtr at Torrey Pines back in 2018, 

Stu 😭

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After some initial, less then successful attempts at DS-ing several years ago (including a totalled Sunbird 😪 ) ... Now just getting back into the groove - addictive innit 😃

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a video from a trip to the Somerset coastline in late September. Its an Interesting spot - for geological rock formations in the cliffs and beach - Hinckley Point nuclear power station under construction off to the right - and a clifftop control-tower which was used by the Royal Navy, for practising bombing runs over the sea.

Some smooth clifftop flying with the old T-Master - not enough wind for wild aerobatics - some onboard footage to show the view - and a really tidy landing. Comments welcomed!

Phil.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Heres a video from a trip to the Somerset coastline in late September. Its an Interesting spot - for geological rock formations in the cliffs and beach - Hinckley Point nuclear power station under construction off to the right - and a clifftop control-tower which was used by the Royal Navy, for practising bombing runs over the sea.

Some smooth clifftop flying with the old T-Master - not enough wind for wild aerobatics - some onboard footage to show the view - and a really tidy landing. Comments welcomed!

Phil.

Had an MTB ride along there a week or so ago - lovely spot 👍 

Only another 11.5mls N.E as the crow flies and you have some of the best coastal soaring in Somerset at Brean Down 🤓

https://vimeo.com/88681623

Edited by Geoffers
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some fun treeline DSing at Maes Knoll near Brizzle 🙂 (sorry - can't seem to edit/delete the previous post due to missing video after re-editing it, so have just reposted)

Edited by Geoffers
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor

Fun on my local Devon slope yesterday in 25mph wind with the XBOW2 & Weasel Evo - two very different planes but both fun in their own way. Only the second flight of the XBOW for me - still finding out what it can & cant do. Shame about the flick at the end - too slow, too much elevator - having too much fun.

Phil.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Its springtime - and there's a "Buzz" in the air 🐝

comments welcomed !

Phil

Hideous...........😪

• Haha 1

Phil.Taylor

And the old Voltij joined in the springtime madness too. I modified the standard tail linkage to give a full 90 degrees of Mad-stab "up" (cant get that much down as well without a pulley system - so really its only half-mad)

Comments welcomed !

Phil

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Phil.Taylor

Nyx F3F cruising around with 1kg ballast in sunshine & 30+mph wind off the cliffs at Beer Head, Devon. Its 20 years old, but still flies great

Phil.

• Like 2