Lundy 2011 slopefest

Andy_B

isoaritfirst

Had a trial pack tonight, managed to get Phil's models all into "The" box. and all the lugage into the Mondeo, so all sorted. Oh, and after unpacking the car we spent a few hours sharpening up our darting skills. Anybody know a good plasterer?  

That's me in transit now, Home sweet home to ABZ, Then LHR then MCT via T5.Back on the 26th, enjoy yer hols peeps.Post piccies. 

Airwave said:

That's me in transit now, Home sweet home to ABZ, Then LHR then MCT via T5.Back on the 26th, enjoy yer hols peeps.Post piccies. 
Sorry you cant make the trip . I'm sure lots of piccies will indeed be appearing on the Forum  . Oldenberg crossing still looks silky Smooooooth Looks like Thursday next week will be our 'Led Sled' day .http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK.....#038;day=6

If anyone is short of 'box space' for models - I have some spare capacity in mine for a couple ...add at the quayside.

Gromit said

Looks like Thursday next week will be our 'Led Sled' day .http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK.....#038;day=6
if you missed seing it before they downgraded the wind forecast, it said Thursday would see winds building throughout the day & peaking at 350 mph .  Space in your box Jon , you sure you've packed everything   I've got a feeling today's going to really drag by , just want to get going now

Andy_B said:

youve wanted to get there all week ............................
Well,.......  havent you then Mrb. I bet you'l be glancing at your watch all day too  My preperations last yr were very rushed & a bit of a blur, this yrs been much more organised. I've even get a chaufer this time .I'm glad i started preping early as i felt really rough earlier in the week. 3 large bottles of Ribena + Lem-sips have done the trick . However i fear my teeth are now permanently stained purple from drinking so much of it .

See you all tmr:) Joe and I will be on the quayside from about 12.30 - 1pm with tickets etc. Look forward to seeing you all!!

Gromit said:

Pete Burgess said:
Gromit, you mean that you are now OK to give everyone a big kiss at the quayside?
Just for you

kiss.gif

i didnt think it was that sort of holiday guys ?? no wonder your all so excited to go lol !!smile.gif

BBC weather just said breezy and damp for Sunday ....we might get some heavy weights out after all ...............and thats just me and Adam ..............rolling.gif

Warning!!!......... I drove back from Leicester today- .. back home to Wiltshire.. normally a 2 and a half hour drive.. ..it took 3 and a half hours!! .. Motorway nightmare... you might just consider taking a satnav and maps to do a detour if necessary to get you to Devon in time. Kids, holidays, caravans and dopey drivers lol:) We are leaving at 8am to get to Ilfracombe.. normal arrival time .. 11.15-11.30 ....... this should give us an extra hour so we get there by 1.pm :) Happy Driving:) 

OK guys, today's the start of 'The Lundy Slopefest' party.gifcool.gifWishing everyone a safe journey & look forward to seeing everyone on the quayside grin.gif.Jon should be on his way now to pick me up at 7 o'clock....  'Lundy 2011 Slopefest' report appearing when we get back cool.gif  See you guys grin.gif   Stuart.

It all sounds very exciting -Look forward to hearing the stories! I've been keeping myself busy with building balsa whilst my foot is injured! Maybe next year...