Lundy 2011 slopefest

Andy_B

It was great to fly my Furio on Lundy for longer than flight 1 on day 1 this yr. Since my 'That'l Buff Out Nicely' repair following last yrs trip, i've flown it far more than any other of my models. Its a great model. It thermals extreemly well in light lift & loves being loaded with ballast on windy days too.  Apart from 'The Famous Five Furios' that were brought into the UK at the same time, i've never seen another on any slopes i've visited .My Furio crash of last yr has gone down in Lundy history, & has been added to the 'Lust' (Lundy united soaring team) framed map, that resides in the Marrisco tavern. It appears as the 'Furious wing over'. Lynda & Joe gave us all a copy to take home too .  Stuart.

isoaritfirst said:

So who bought "splat 5" Perverts! doh.gif Then again I suppose it's mostly power crashes - 
Perverts ! .. dont know what you mean Mike ... I personally cant understand why anyone would get any joy from seeing someone crash their pride and joy!!..rolling.gif and a you said they were mostly power wink.gif :) and Joe does have the whole set lol:)

Gromit said:

My Furio crash of last yr has gone down in Lundy history, & has been added to the 'Lust' (Lundy united soaring team) framed map, that resides in the Marrisco tavern. It appears as the 'Furious wing over'. Lynda & Joe gave us all a copy to take home too cool.gif.  Stuart.
Just thought the occasion warranted a tiny reminder ( for ever) grin.gif....................hey and there;s next year map too.. hmmmm

Lundylynda said:

Gromit said:

My Furio crash of last yr has gone down in Lundy history, & has been added to the 'Lust' (Lundy united soaring team) framed map, that resides in the Marrisco tavern. It appears as the 'Furious wing over'. Lynda & Joe gave us all a copy to take home too
.  Stuart.
Just thought the occasion warranted a tiny reminder ( for ever) 
....................hey and there;s next year map too.. hmmmm

Cant wait to see the name given to this yrs mishap

I've stripped off all the glassed veneer from the damaged area of the wing so as to see exactly whats mashed up inside. I've decided that i'l give a repair a go, & am going to make a start this evening .   Stuart.

Gromit said:

I've decided that i'l give a repair a go, & am going to make a start this evening smile.gif.   Stuart.
That's the spirit! I'm sure after the Furio, the 303 will be a doddle.

Mmmmm ,its a bit of a challenge but i'm on the case .Fuz has been stripped out, surfaces keyed prior to laying some carbon inside, & the bits have been tacked back into correct alignment.Wing however is a bit more challenging  but i've made a good start.   Stuart.

Lundylynda said:

Gromit said:

My Furio crash of last yr has gone down in Lundy history, & has been added to the 'Lust' (Lundy united soaring team) framed map, that resides in the Marrisco tavern. It appears as the 'Furious wing over'. Lynda & Joe gave us all a copy to take home too
cool.gif
.  Stuart.
Just thought the occasion warranted a tiny reminder ( for ever) 
grin.gif
………………..hey and there;s next year map too.. hmmmm

Did you get "Treble trouble" on the map for last year? – the (suspected) submarine RaceM? (or was it an AirOne - SubOne)Phil.

Thats gotta be the Turtles head ? blush.gif                               grin.gifgrin.gif                                 Nice Foatee Though clap.gif                                           Bob

Adam Richardson

Bobbyr said:

Thats gotta be the Turtles head ? blush.gif                               grin.gifgrin.gif                                 Nice Foatee Though clap.gif                                           Bob
Thanks to Phil Tolfree for most of the Picssmile.gif

Thanks for posting the pics .My camera packed up on day 1 of the 'Lundy Slopefest' , so if anyone else has got some pics they'ed like to share, i'd love to see them .

On the outward bound crossing a few of us, not me crying.gif, were lucky enough to see some Dolphins for a few moments. (Or so they reckon wink.gif.) On the return crossing however whilst i was looking over & forwards of the side of the Oldenberg, one leapt clean out of the water only about 10 yards from me.

A group of 5 or 6 then rode the wake of the Oldenberg for a short while, Brilliant grin.gif. I've never seen them in the wild before.

Mike, wondered if you could find time to post the results for the Lundy F3f comp please . There were quite a few Pb's shared out amongst us, & it would be interseting to see who did what times in each of the 10 rounds we flew.I really enjoyed the comp, & its got me even more determin'd to enter a few comps. I know everyyone else enjoyed it too, so many thanks again for running it .   Stuart.

Dg 303 wing repair is coming along. Mashed foam replaced and new balsa top skin applied, air brake functioning correctly after a lot of fiddling . 70 % length of the leading edge replaced & glue drying on that at the mo.Once thats dry i can sand the LE to the right profile. Then i'l need to glass the wing.One side of the fuz has just had some carbon cloth applied to the inside of it, to get the strength back into it. That too is drying at the moment.   Stuart.