Midlands Slopers, Manic..

slopeflyer

satinet said:

I simply take issue with post flying BS (and outright lies), whatever you want to call it.  Great if anyone has had a good time but don't always come back claiming things were done that blatantly weren't (e.g specced out a speedo, did a roll, flew within a mile of the slope edge etc.) My model is the best etc (always….).  Seems especially daft when there are people who actually witnessed the flying.  I don't know why some people feel the need do it, but hey ho, I'm the villain for pointing it out. rollingeyes.gif We all like to see nice models flown on nice slopes. I think that we can all appreciate a successful maiden, especially with a large model.  Better to keep the other stuff in check IMHO.
Well said Tom clap.gif .  

didnt offend me Jimbo .....surprised maybe ..a touch left field ...why would you compare a 2 year old designed F3F racer with a 25 year old designed Scalie ......... But the 20 did fly very nicely and ceratinly doesnt look like some of the Vega's ive seen in the air ......youdnever have flown it though if we hadnt bullied you into it ...........grin.gif So now you can take the bright red swiss flags off and the yellow stripes ...and it will look lovely....just needs a Gromit in it to finish off

Thats what I do. Save the best til last(can I use the word best?). The Swiss flags are staying. And the yellow. Pilot not.I know what you mean, f3f and big scalie. Chalk and cheese.Got my pass out booked for next week, westerlies/weather permitting.

Fubar said:

^^^^^^ Theres plenty of time for it to return !*** don't temp it back !rollingeyes.gifrollingeyes.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif
hehe, before you know it - itll be april and spring - and winter will be all over.It was certainly like spring today. No gloves/goggles required.

It was a good day out on the mynd today. Quite a few guys out, considering it was the middle of winter.aswjan2.JPG Of note was Anthonys superb ASW15- 1/3.5 scalie(above).After some deliberation, it was also decided that my asw20 is a 1/3.75 not 1/4 as i thought since mine doesn't have the tips.  aswjan.JPGRichie was also there with his P3. And thanks for taking some video of my 20 too.

Edited by slopeflyer

Scott Ravenscroft

Adam Richardson said:

Had I not needed to replace the Turnigy servos in my other model I wouldn't of sold it. This was the only way I could raise some cash quick,Flown the green one in 2 comps and broke it in both, obviously we were not meant to be. Just hope Andy never beats me with it now,
Iv some servos you could hav had.........................................

I prob won't get up the burway again anyway, if the forecast stays the same that is, u r welcome James, pity u snuck the landing in while we wasn't watching :-)

Well Andy, I was taught to land away from other other gliderists, safety n all that you know. Wouldn't want to take anyones head off with a loss of radio eh?Here's the video (also on video thread).

slopeflyer said:

Here's the video (also on video thread).
Plane looks goodpiloting is a bit Mickey-Mouse smile.gifPhil. Edited by Phil.Taylor

Haha Phil. At least we have got the Mickey Mouse gag out the way now... I was wondering who was going grab that...Anyway, I'm very pleased with her. Everything I wanted and more.