Lundy Slopefest 2013

Lundylynda

but then again...to be honest, it was a 'stupid' idea for a comp, a waste of good air time on the slope, and best forgotten about  :angry: lol.

Oi... it was/is a darn good idea and I'm still p1ssed off that my kidneys prevented me from taking part :o

Love to see some pics from the aeros comp

shame you got a 0 too,   for not finishing the manoeuvre............, although rocks and water do seem to slow a plane down a tad 

Yeah exactly, I still think a 0 was a 'tad harsh' :wacko:

Oi... it was/is a darn good idea and I'm still p1ssed off that my kidneys prevented me from taking part :o

Love to see some pics from the aeros comp

Oh alright then...  i'l post a few later today,.....but i'l be doing so through moist eyes  :(

Stu.

Don't you get some points for a clean entry?

From the moment it was announced that there were 2 'Nasty Midlanders' amongst the competition judges, i knew that getting any kind of result was going to be a tough ask :D

Stu.

Here are a few of my 'Pete Burgess Kidney Stone Cup' Aerobatics Comp pics.

We had a smooth and steady moderate Westerly breeze for this Comp. The Comp took place on the 400ft high cliffs next to The Old Lighthouse. Lynda kept proceedings running very smoothly indeed. She gave a briefing prior to commencement of the comp informing us of the req'd manouvers, and then called them out during each pilots flight.  Judges for the Comp were two 'Nasty Midlanders' Paul and Adam plus John .

Winner of this comp was that man Mark Treble with a very impressive display of aerobatics flying his Toxic.

This win meant that Mark had won both the F3f and Aerobatics competitions.  Congrats to Mark on what was a very impressive week long display of flying :thumbsup:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/sets/72157640042330186/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/sets/

Stu.

...that and Andy in his morph suit.

John, Pics of Andy in his Morph suit will be appearing here later this afternoon :o , that is, unless Andy makes it worth my while not too ;) LOL.

Stu.

More publicity the better Stu ......im looking for a part in the next Shrek movie ................... :thumbsup:

Oh dear, 'be afraid' then everyone :wacko: LOL.

Stu.

• Like 1

John, Pics of Andy in his Morph suit will be appearing here later this afternoon :o , that is, unless Andy makes it worth my while not too ;) LOL.

Stu.

Did Andy make it worth your while then Stu ? :D

Did Andy make it worth your while then Stu ? :D

Sadly not, I'm not sure the Forum's ready for Andy's Morph suit pics though   :D .

They'l be up around 9 'ish. Just unpacking groceries at the moment, oh joy :angry: .

Stu.

• Like 2

During the Lundy Slopefest we held an Irish night. Fancy dress WAS NOT req'd, we were told simply to wear something green. Well, Andy certainly wore something green :o THUD.......... After a stunned silence the Barn rocked with laughter when Andy appeared in his 'Morph' suit. It took some time before any kind of normality was restored. 

Andy & Scott then decided to walk down to the Marrisco Tavern to get some refreshment. When they entered the Tavern the place fell deathly silent. The look of shock, and bewilderment on the staff and customers will stay with me forever, I have never seen jaws drop so far to the ground   :D  LOL.

Well done Andy, it was a 'Cracking' wheeze, LOL

Lynda & Joe worked tirelessly throughout the day preparing a superb Irish Stew meal for everyones enjoyment. They did so while everyone else was out enjoying some fantastic slope flying. I think Joe sneaked out for a short fly but he was under strict orders from Lynda 'not be too long' . LOL.  

On behalf of all on the Slopefest, many thanks again to you both for all the time & effort you put into making the evening a great success   :thumbsup: .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/sets/72157640123293213/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53568953@N02/sets/

Stu.

• Like 1