BMFA F3F League 1 at Hole of Horcum 22nd April 2018

mtreble

Steve Haley

Great days flying and well done to everyone for making it a really enjoyable day.

Some photos to keep you going until Mike posts the professional ones!

Cheers

Steve

file1-1.jpeg

file2-1.jpeg

file-4.jpeg

• Like 5

Many congrats to Rich, Steve and Pete for some fantastic flying - all three were clearly a cut above the rest of us, and Treble junior was looking none too shabby either!! Despite the variability, these guys made the absolute best of the conditions and tamed the slope effectively. Interesting to see that all of the above pilots went with point-to-point reversals, again casting aspersions over the suitability of EM across all slope topologies and conditions. Great to watch come what may!!

Delighted to see Brett and Nigel post FTDs too, it's always a thrill to nail the course in good air and reset the bar!

Mixed bag for Team Redshift - Mark damaged a servo horn at early doors, I popped the front of my fuse ballast tube, and JP left his ballast home 😄 But all that said, the model took 3 of the 9 rounds flown, and almost the FTD (36.xx) until Rich's epic 35.xx in the penultimate round. So, the model is certainly very quick, but further work is required to settle the beastie down across squally conditions.

Nice fish n chips on the way home too - so all in all a pretty good day out!

As always many thanks to Jon, Rich and Team Treble for hosting an excellent event!

Greg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Brett82 said:

congratulations to Nigel as he also set a new PB on the day

Thanks Brett.  It seems my approach is to improve my PB in small increments.  This should allow me to do it lots of times (four times to date and not sub-40 yet)!

It was a good flying day, thanks to Jon and Mark for organising.

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi
16 hours ago, Steve Haley said:

Great days flying and well done to everyone for making it a really enjoyable day.

Some photos to keep you going until Mike posts the professional ones!

Cheers

Steve

file1-1.jpeg

Not sure about the joy in this picture :-)

But thanks to everybody for the reports.

Cheers
Stefan

Bob Dickenson

That's my best smile Stefan, I think Steve maybe altered it

This was taken after my own PB which was so slow that I didn't want to publish it.

However, it was indeed a very enjoyable day, despite my appearance, & I look forward to doing it again when I can fit things in around my schedule of F5J.

Cheers, Bob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on your personal best, Bob! A day of racing with three personal bests can't be all bad.

• Like 2

Great pics as ever Mike!

The one of Greg with the Reshift at his feet and 'under west pier' are highlights for me. I had no idea there was an under the pier :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cracking pics Mike, the Black & White Greg launching for JP, & the under pier pics are my favourite :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for posting / sharing them :thumbsup:

Stu. 

• Like 1