Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

I don't think I'll come tomorrow as it's about 160 miles and the forecast doesn't look great after lunch.

I think Greg L will be there.

Hope the rain holds off, and look forward to next comp at White Sheet.

David.

1 hour ago, rc-soar said:

Coordinates or google maps link for the Ashes slope, anyone? Or is it is same as Pilecott?

Coordinates for the car park are below. There will be loads of people who you can follow to the slope.

52°32'41"N 2°50'49"W

Well what a day.

From the forecast I thought we might get four maybe five rounds in if we were lucky, but no thirteen. 

The flying was very difficult at times with the wind shifting then coming back on,it kept you on your toes. 

Greg Lewis had his Pitbull 2 well dialled and set a lot of fast times throughout the day.

First time as CD for me and it was a big eye opener, so glad to have Mike to show me the way and help in the middle. 

Great big thanks to you Mike I couldn't of done it without you 👍

Also to all of you who travelled up,down or across to get to us and make the day so enjoyable. 

I think Mike might put the results up but until then again thank you everyone. 

Roll on next month.

• Like 7

Just got home after a great days flying. Two weeks in a row we have been blessed with a mild Southerly breeze and we got so lucky with the weather. 

Well done to the Long Mynd guys for sticking at it and running the event today. I have no idea who got the top slots. Thank you for the comments Les. I was so rusty last weekend and a week thinking about it has improved the set up of the Pitbull 2.  

As you said running the event makes flying really difficult. So you and Mike both did really well..

As Dave Woods said last week on the Northern League thread. The standard is good throughout the field. High quality planes, well set up and accurately flown.

Well done to all the pilots who supported the call to run the event.

Greg

• Like 3

Scott Ravenscroft
11 minutes ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Just got home after a great days flying. Two weeks in a row we have been blessed with a mild Southerly breeze and we got so lucky with the weather. 

Well done to the Long Mynd guys for sticking at it and running the event today. I have no idea who got the top slots. Thank you for the comments Les. I was so rusty last weekend and a week thinking about it has improved the set up of the Pitbull 2.  

As you said running the event makes flying really difficult. So you and Mike both did really well..

As Dave Woods said last week on the Northern League thread. The standard is good throughout the field. High quality planes, well set up and accurately flown.

Well done to all the pilots who supported the call to run the event.

Greg

Hi quality planes, well set up and accurately flown lol , I’m afraid that doesn’t apply to me! Thanks to Les and Mike,

Les ,  hope you havnt got to much of a head ache from my exsaust!

2 minutes ago, Scott Ravenscroft said:

Hi quality planes, well set up and accurately flown lol , I’m afraid that doesn’t apply to me! Thanks to Les and Mike,

Scott, as much as it kills me to say it, flying after you, I could see you were getting it spot on more times than not. 

You had that Vampire shifting buddy.

Now I'm off to get therapy, don't know how I will cope knowing I just admitted that on an open forum... about you😨

Scott Ravenscroft
5 minutes ago, Brett82 said:

Scott, as much as it kills me to say it, flying after you, I could see you were getting it spot on more times than not. 

You had that Vampire shifting buddy.

Now I'm off to get therapy, don't know how I will cope knowing I just admitted that on an open forum... about you😨

Your my hero Brett!

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Scott Ravenscroft said:

Not just from your insults.

• Like 1

Thank you Mike. I told you it was hard to work out the scores. You were close to me as suggested.

Happy Landings

Greg

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. Congrats to everyone but especially to Greg, Mike and Mark but also very well flown by Bruce in what, your 3rd competition? You were getting some great times there mate, keep them coming!

• Like 2