Woollyback?

oipigface

Great, Mike! 

Just to be clear: There is no intention to race on both days. If racing on Saturday is not possible, we put it off to Sunday (if possible). I wanted to increase the chances of getting an event in.

So far it is looking viable:

I’ve had  responses for either day from Graeme Mahoney, Greg Lewis, Les Woods, Andy Burgoyne, Mark Treble, Joel West and John Treble, which is seven pilots. William, Dave Rumble and Mike Bleathman can make Saturday only but Peter Gunning will be wielding his light sabre that day and can make Sunday only. So that’s 10 pilots for Saturday, 8 if it has to be deferred to Sunday.

This is not a formal event, so if any more pilots suddenly decide that the weather is balmy and powerful enough on the morning to make getting out of bed worthwhile, they will be welcome to join in.

I’ve had three offers of course equipment. It probably makes sense to have at least two for redundancy. Environmental issues suggest that Andy (who has the shortest trip) and Joel (second) should bring theirs. But thanks to Mark for the offer.

Hope to see you all soon.

The comp will be run on one day only. What you do with the rest of the weekend is up to you. If the weather looks good for flying on both days, I shall probably be staying over myself.

On 13/12/2019 at 08:37, oipigface said:

Great, Mike! 

Just to be clear: There is no intention to race on both days. If racing on Saturday is not possible, we put it off to Sunday (if possible). I wanted to increase the chances of getting an event in.

So far it is looking viable:

I’ve had  responses for either day from Graeme Mahoney, Greg Lewis, Les Woods, Andy Burgoyne, Mark Treble, Joel West and John Treble, which is seven pilots. William, Dave Rumble and Mike Bleathman can make Saturday only but Peter Gunning will be wielding his light sabre that day and can make Sunday only. So that’s 10 pilots for Saturday, 8 if it has to be deferred to Sunday.

This is not a formal event, so if any more pilots suddenly decide that the weather is balmy and powerful enough on the morning to make getting out of bed worthwhile, they will be welcome to join in.

I’ve had three offers of course equipment. It probably makes sense to have at least two for redundancy. Environmental issues suggest that Andy (who has the shortest trip) and Joel (second) should bring theirs. But thanks to Mark for the offer.

Hope to see you all soon.

I can make Sunday  not Saturday John as per my previous message

Sorry, Dave. I seem to have got that wrong. 

Numbers should be 12 for Sat, 13 for Sun. I’m still sticking to the original plan to run the comp on Saturday as long as the weather is OK, With Sunday as reserve.

2 hours ago, oipigface said:

Looks more like the wrong end of the Crest, doesn’t it? 

Pity you can’t make it Saturday, Andy.

Think the back of the wrecker (El *****os) may work in a sse John 

A hard one again. It looks like the winds will be OK, but there is a question mark over the possibility of clag. Taking the current forecasts seriously would lead me to call it on, but not try to start early, because the chance of low cloud early on is high. So, I’m going to call it ON, with meet time at 9:45, which, if things work in our favour will give time for a reasonable number of rounds. 

Hope to see you at the Wrecker car park then.

• Like 3