Jump to content
oipigface

Woollyback?

Recommended Posts

oipigface

Great, Mike! 

Just to be clear: There is no intention to race on both days. If racing on Saturday is not possible, we put it off to Sunday (if possible). I wanted to increase the chances of getting an event in.

So far it is looking viable:

I’ve had  responses for either day from Graeme Mahoney, Greg Lewis, Les Woods, Andy Burgoyne, Mark Treble, Joel West and John Treble, which is seven pilots. William, Dave Rumble and Mike Bleathman can make Saturday only but Peter Gunning will be wielding his light sabre that day and can make Sunday only. So that’s 10 pilots for Saturday, 8 if it has to be deferred to Sunday.

This is not a formal event, so if any more pilots suddenly decide that the weather is balmy and powerful enough on the morning to make getting out of bed worthwhile, they will be welcome to join in.

I’ve had three offers of course equipment. It probably makes sense to have at least two for redundancy. Environmental issues suggest that Andy (who has the shortest trip) and Joel (second) should bring theirs. But thanks to Mark for the offer.

Hope to see you all soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

Woolybacks

yes please, which ever day is best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith_W

count me in, either day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

That’s 12 for Saturday or 10 for Sunday, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redbird

Me too either day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

13. Or 11!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeb52

Is this going to be a boy’s weekend, with flyers staying over to fly both days? 

Mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

The comp will be run on one day only. What you do with the rest of the weekend is up to you. If the weather looks good for flying on both days, I shall probably be staying over myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Witch_1

Sunday only for me, to help level up the scores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

13 or 12. Well done Nigel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rumbey
On 13/12/2019 at 08:37, oipigface said:

Great, Mike! 

Just to be clear: There is no intention to race on both days. If racing on Saturday is not possible, we put it off to Sunday (if possible). I wanted to increase the chances of getting an event in.

So far it is looking viable:

I’ve had  responses for either day from Graeme Mahoney, Greg Lewis, Les Woods, Andy Burgoyne, Mark Treble, Joel West and John Treble, which is seven pilots. William, Dave Rumble and Mike Bleathman can make Saturday only but Peter Gunning will be wielding his light sabre that day and can make Sunday only. So that’s 10 pilots for Saturday, 8 if it has to be deferred to Sunday.

This is not a formal event, so if any more pilots suddenly decide that the weather is balmy and powerful enough on the morning to make getting out of bed worthwhile, they will be welcome to join in.

I’ve had three offers of course equipment. It probably makes sense to have at least two for redundancy. Environmental issues suggest that Andy (who has the shortest trip) and Joel (second) should bring theirs. But thanks to Mark for the offer.

Hope to see you all soon.

I can make Sunday  not Saturday John as per my previous message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Sorry, Dave. I seem to have got that wrong. 

Numbers should be 12 for Sat, 13 for Sun. I’m still sticking to the original plan to run the comp on Saturday as long as the weather is OK, With Sunday as reserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abbof3f

Either day for myself and possible ron broughton 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Anyone got a key for the gate to Mickey’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

I've got the key :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy_B

Not gona be on Mickeys ...........John sorry going to ahve to cry off Saturday....can still do Sunday if its on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Looks more like the wrong end of the Crest, doesn’t it? 

Pity you can’t make it Saturday, Andy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abbof3f
2 hours ago, oipigface said:

Looks more like the wrong end of the Crest, doesn’t it? 

Pity you can’t make it Saturday, Andy.

Think the back of the wrecker (El *****os) may work in a sse John 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

A hard one again. It looks like the winds will be OK, but there is a question mark over the possibility of clag. Taking the current forecasts seriously would lead me to call it on, but not try to start early, because the chance of low cloud early on is high. So, I’m going to call it ON, with meet time at 9:45, which, if things work in our favour will give time for a reasonable number of rounds. 

Hope to see you at the Wrecker car park then.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter G

Coming, sod star wars!

Already had the grief for bringing the planes on holiday so might as well follow through...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.