Anyone flying during the next couple of days?

MikevE

Good day hunting thermals with Mike who  caught/worked some tough thermals today taking his  Yoda insanely far and high downwind....Great flying m8 

Pete turned up as I was finishing and this other flyer turned up with a solar panel to charge batteries! Brill.

The urban eco-friendly dlg warrior as happy as Larry on his trusty steed  

20210918_102842.thumb.jpg.34d7f90c57bf8411582124cc1021df49.jpg20210918_102856.thumb.jpg.084c675d15b4051c085c8a298697512e.jpg

• Like 1

Ah Marc, you did some very good thermalling there, outclimbing me on several occasions despite having a glider that is holding you back a bit! I found the lift really hard today, and even when I got a good thermal I wasn't doing so well at centering on it. Longest flight was 17 minutes, and I got insanely high. I think I'm legal at that height, but I'm also slightly afraid to confess just how high it was.

p.s. the main reason I use a bike is because it's cheap and fast. Not owning a car lets me spend a lot more money on my hobbies!

• Like 1

Also, Luke the DLG pilot from Thurs and Olly, an FPV drone pilot today both recognised me from my YouTube channel. Yikes, this notoriety isn't what I wanted exactly. 

Mike, what drone would you recommend for doing the things you get up to with yours? A friend and I are tempted to get one with FPV goggles and decent camera. 

I'm with you on the bike thing 👍 I'm a proud owner of a bike and skateboard myself :)

Edit: I started a new thread regarding drone recommendations here: 

Small camera drone recommendations - General Discussion - British Association of Radio Control Soarers (barcs.co.uk)

Good call Mike. Apologies, I had to leave early. There where loads of pilots with there various planes/drones (and a buggy car :) ) today at Scrubs. Always good to see

image.thumb.png.f6c6f2d8f1b192ebb6a84bb15f8ab6f7.png

• 2 weeks later...
Marc RC pilot

The weekend looks promising Mike. I'll be there for 10am, touchwood.

Would you like me to bring M5 throw meter for you to checkout?

Cheers

Marc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc RC pilot said:

The weekend looks promising Mike. I'll be there for 10am, touchwood.

Would you like me to bring M5 throw meter for you to checkout?

Cheers

Marc

I'll be there too, hopefully. No worries on the throw meter, I should hopefully have my own one by then, although I went for the GliderThrow version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't thought it worth going DLG flying lately, so often it's completely overcast when I have the chance to go flying. Hopefully we'll get some nice sunny days in the near future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Marc RC pilot

Replacement Auri finally arrived Mike. :)

From Russia with love 

Everything on is her 100% true. What a step up from the trusty old longshot that's for sure m8 😃

In fact these modern ships  feel unnaturally light...The advances in building tech/materials  is quite something really...

20211211_083029952.jpg

IMG-20211211-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20211211-WA0008.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You'll really enjoy the Auri Marc.  Mine flies a complete treat (with my own very modest skills).  Make up a couple of ballast sticks for windier days.

Jon

• Like 3

I'm not in the UK so not sure if I'm allowed to comment on this thread 😬 but after a cold and extremely windy snap I managed to get out both yesterday and today. Full sunshine, low wind. Took the BAMF 2 out for some tuning flights (low launches as awaiting a new throwing blade). Lovely soft air and training myself to leave the glider alone got me multiple 4-6 min flights. Absolute bliss just to be out enjoying the weather and plane seemingly defy gravity! 

• Like 2

Lovely!

We've (here in south-central UK) have got some settled weather coming from Thursday onwards... but misty/overcast to go with it!

Jon

I use to live in Southampton and do some slope soaring around there many years ago. I hope you get a break in the clouds, at least for a little bit. 

• Like 1