Lundy 2023

Joe Cubitt

chiloschista
2 hours ago, Andy_B said:

it does seem to be very much a lottery as to who you get, as they asked me the same questions on accommodation but accepted that Joe was the organizer and I was in the Barn . 

How ever I have now booked all my parking and the friday night hotel in Bideford so I'm pretty much sorted .

Andy

Yes indeed, as this lady told me she is back from holidays and probably not aware of latest news.

Thanks for reminding me about the parking, should think about that too.

• Like 1

Good morning everybody

A heads up for parking in North Devon. Most of the car parks use the RingGo app. Probably a good idea to download the app at home and register your vehicle and preferred payment card to it in readiness. Takes all the hassle away when we arrive and the Brucie bonus of more bar social time👍 sorted😎.

not long now.

• Like 2

chiloschista
9 hours ago, Joe Cubitt said:

Good morning everybody

A heads up for parking in North Devon. Most of the car parks use the RingGo app. Probably a good idea to download the app at home and register your vehicle and preferred payment card to it in readiness. Takes all the hassle away when we arrive and the Brucie bonus of more bar social time👍 sorted😎.

not long now.

Thanks Joe!

I've installed and registered the RingGo app. Should I reserve a parking already or are we doing it on site? Ev. which car parking?

If you buy a pass from north Devon council for 7 days in the long stay car parks it covers them all (all long stay ones) if you pre book with ringo it only applies to the car park you book(which could be full) .ask me how I know ,two fines issued for using the incorrect car park last time .

Andy

• Like 2

Trouble is Andy that if you park on a Saturday, and return for your car the next Saturday, you will have stayed 8 days. Better to get two 4-day passes!

17 minutes ago, oipigface said:

Trouble is Andy that if you park on a Saturday, and return for your car the next Saturday, you will have stayed 8 days. Better to get two 4-day passes!

I have 👍 well a 7 and a 4 as staying longer 

Edited by Andy_B

chiloschista

Seems one can buy a one month long stay for £25.- (instead of two £15.-), but I guess there is less parks choice.

• Like 1

chiloschista

I'm stuck again, the Devon council don't let me register for an account to pay for parking. Seems only possible for UK residents. Any suggestion?

2 hours ago, chiloschista said:

I'm stuck again, the Devon council don't let me register for an account to pay for parking. Seems only possible for UK residents. Any suggestion?

Use mine, Ric. Just don’t expect me to pay!

chiloschista
36 minutes ago, oipigface said:

Use mine, Ric. Just don’t expect me to pay!

Never expected someone to pay for me, John. Will even offer a couple of beers 😃

13 hours ago, chiloschista said:

Never expected someone to pay for me, John. Will even offer a couple of beers 😃

That sounds like an excellent idea. What do you need to know?

Good afternoon chaps

I have just had conformation from the Oldenburg Captain that we are able to load the model boxes onto the ship on Friday 1st Sept. However, he would like us to be on the quayside ready to load at 9am. 

36 minutes ago, Joe Cubitt said:

Good afternoon chaps

I have just had conformation from the Oldenburg Captain that we are able to load the model boxes onto the ship on Friday 1st Sept. However, he would like us to be on the quayside ready to load at 9am. 

cant he make it 5am to be that little bit more social 🙄

Edited by Andy_B
  • Haha 2

That means a whole extra day to be spent in and around Ilfracombe! Surely we don’t need to be there quite so early. Suppose we turn up with boxes at the usual time on Saturday morning. What’s he going to do then?

As there will only be a couple of boxes to load on the Saturday morning, it won't be a problem. But make sure you are at Bideford John, cus that's where the Oldie will be.

Lynda and I just prefer to go down to Devon a couple of days earlier and chill out, which is why we've given everyone the opportunity to perhaps join us and make the logistics of moving model boxes and vehicles a little easier.

It also means that on our return to Ilfracombe, we can load up nice and quickly, then be away. 

Just saying. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A freshly built Ahi. I copied the scheme from a Lundy founding member, none other than Dave Charles. In the early eighties he had a Sailplanes international Mini Racer in a similar scheme. And as my fave colour is blue, what’s not to like. Although, back in the day, my dad along with Rod Potts called Dave the flying gas man. As the scheme closely resembled the British Gas vans of the time🤣.

IMG_0117.jpeg

• Like 1

chiloschista

Just a pity that having to load the boxes early in the morning on Friday, there's no chance to go fly somewhere.

By the way, I just discovered that I have £45.- in notes that are no more usable. I guess coins are still good, is it?

Leaving tomorrow 😃

8 minutes ago, chiloschista said:

Just a pity that having to load the boxes early in the morning on Friday, there's no chance to go fly somewhere.

By the way, I just discovered that I have £45.- in notes that are no more usable. I guess coins are still good, is it?

Leaving tomorrow 😃

You can exchange old pound notes for new in a bank in Bideford Ric👍

• Like 1

chiloschista
30 minutes ago, Joe Cubitt said:

You can exchange old pound notes for new in a bank in Bideford Ric👍

Ok, thanks Joe!

I will bring them then.