F3K League Event: Buckminster 30-31st March

PaulR

This event will run on the two days following the "Come and Try" event, so that's Easter Saturday and Sunday.

Details

• 30-31st March 2024
  • All are welcome. Newcomers encouraged. If you can launch and land, safely and consistently then please consider entering and discovering the joys of competition!
  • Plenty of help will be available with explanations of tasks etc on the day.
  • CD will be Neil Harrison.
  • Scoring will be using F3XVault.com Please ensure you are registered on the website and ideally have saved your credentials on your mobile device in order to log in at the field.
  • Having said that, difficulties or queries around scoring etc should not discourage you from entering as we can work around most issues and assist on the day.
  • Pilots briefing will be at 09:45 for a prompt start at 10:00. Please give yourself plenty of time to ensure no delay to the event start.
  • This is a BMFA UK League and Team Selection event.

As usual, camping will be available at the published rates.

There will be a BBQ Saturday night (bring your own meat etc), and possibly Friday night too if there is demand.

Entry

• BMFA membership is required.
  • Entry is via F3XVault. Link to registration: BMFA F3K 2024 Buckminster 1
  • Entry fee is £15 per day, payable on the day.
  • Event registration is required before the end of the day (midnight) on the preceding Thursday, but please consider registering as early as possible to assist in planning.
  • Late registration for attendees of the "Come and Try" will be possible.

Confirmation

• All F3K events are subject to potential cancellation due to weather conditions or lack of entries (min 6).
  • Please check this thread for up to date information before travelling.

Current entries

spacer.png

Directions

• Like 2

And another note for anyone attending - the clocks change on Sunday morning! So that means we'll have an hour less in tent/van/hotel before starting the second day.

• Sad 3

Neil Harrison

Please be aware that we have cancelled the 'Come Try' event scheduled for this Friday due to extremely poor weather forecast, I wanted to let you know as soon as possible so you can make any necessary changes to your travel plans for the weekend.

The cut off for competition entry is tomorrow, Thursday, currently the forecast looks promising for Saturday at least, the final call however will be Friday no later than 6.00pm

Please get yourselves entered.   

• Thanks 1

Brenton

I'm going to enter- but for Saturday only. Unfortunately I can't stay for the whole competition. Just so you know for the matrix...

• Like 2

Neil Harrison

For everyone entering the competition this weekend, we need to know when you are arriving so we can arrange access to the site.

The main caming field is closed due to the condition of the soft ground, camping will be on the hard standing and if you are under canvas, then the small field behind the hanger is in use, but no vehicles are allowed on the grass.

If you are arriving before Saturday morning then please reach out to Manny Williamson to arrange access as soon as possible please.

Manny Williamson on manny@bmfa.org or 0116 2441091

• Like 3

What are people doing? Many around tomorrow night? I was planning on coming up tomorrow pm still but undecided.

Neil Harrison
1 hour ago, Kohen said:

What are people doing? Many around tomorrow night? I was planning on coming up tomorrow pm still but undecided.

Please let Manny know asap, he doesn't want to wait around for people just rock up on the off chance.

Neil Harrison

Saturday is looking quite the day!

Sunday is looking better and better so it appears that this weather system will depart sooner than previously anticipated.

You only have 3 and 1/2 hours to get entry in.

Screenshot_20240328_202209_XCWeather.jpg

Screenshot_20240328_202216_XCWeather.jpg

Neil Harrison

To confirm we are a 'GO' for tomorrow, see you all in the morning.

Entry for this weekend has now closed.

We have 10 pilots registered for Saturday where we will fly 2 groups of 5, and 10 rounds scheduled.

On Sunday we have 9 registered pilots so we will be running 3 groups of 3, therefore the number of rounds is reduced to 7.

See you all soon early doors tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hope everyone had a good trip home. Nice to see you all again. 

A surprisingly sunny Saturday !IMG_4879.thumb.jpeg.39c598e635245c3d50993f0d6d835a2d.jpeg

See you all in a few weeks. 

• Like 3

MikeDLG

Despite the cancelled bits, it was a really enjoyable weekend. It was nice getting home at a reasonable time today. 

Thanks once again to Neil and Paul for organising/running the event. 

• Like 5

thechalster

Well done Mike best newcomer interglide 2023

thanks to neil and paul for organising and for all the competitors for making the challenge happen.

IMG_7157.jpg.ab43850df116a01ca0ecf1088e999885.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The picture above is Mike van Erp receiving a trophy from Radioglide, last year.  Gavin Stern won the Easter weekend F3K event.

The full F3K results for the weekend are available at http://f3xvault.com/    -  here's the overall position :-

C7ACC6FE-61DD-4A70-BF03-5B85B10F9015.thumb.jpeg.2a0ea81f1197f0786da2f50e59f22635.jpeg

Neil Harrison

To confirm, the beautiful trophy being presented to Mike Van Erp is the Lilienthal Trophy which is awarded to the highest scoring new comer at Radioglide across all disciplines.

This was for Radioglide 2023, thank you to Lawrence who handed me the trophy for us to present to Mike over the weekend.

Very well done Mike

😍

• Like 2

Scores have now been checked and don't appear to need any corrections from the sheets I've seen. I have one missing score sheet that I'm following up but I don't expect that to make any winner. Well done @Gavin_st

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1