BMFA F3F Nationals 20-21st April at the Bwlch

mtreble

• 2 weeks later...
William

Apologies Mark, I'm putting my name down for this even though I can't make the 20-21st but I can make it for the reserve date the next weekend 27-28th.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone with local knowledge comment on the forecast for the weekend please? All the forecasts I follow have been stable all week, showing no wind on Saturday, and a very very gentle breeze (if anything at all) on Sunday. I'd obviously really want to be flying, but think this looks pretty unlikely so if anyone has a realistic assessment it would be appreciated.

wookman

Sunday looks like it might work a bit but is anybody going to be brave enough to load up enough ballast to go sub 40? 😀

Phil.Taylor

Synoptic chart shows it will be right in the middle of a high pressure system - i.e. not much wind - but will be dry & maybe sunny !

Phil.

Graeme_M

It’s a difficult one,

Xc is showing light 7-12 mph NE on Sunday in Nantymoel, probably a bit more on the hill, so flyable if this can be believed.  
 Unflyable Saturday so spot flying - dlg/electric assist.   
looking at the long range next weekend looks wet.   
G

mtreble

I have been patiently waiting for the weather forecasts to change, but they all seem to agree that there will be no wind this weekend.

Maybe Sunday afternoon could be just about flyable, but it's hit and miss.

With that in mind, I am calling it OFF and moving to the reserve dates next weekend.

O dear 

just as I sorted a bed for Saturday night, best see if I can make it next weekend tgen

Well I'm here already, looks like I'm staying the week.

Tomorrow looks like a decent day, and Sunday "could" be a good day on the wrecker.

mtreble

I have amended the entry form to stay open for another week.

Please PM me if you are not planning to come next weekend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

is this going to happen mark ? 

I think so - forecasts seem to be improving all the time.

Meet at 9:30 on Saturday Morning at the wrecker car park.

I will be there tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Aleix said:

Seems pretty wet for both days isn't it?

Depends on which forecast you look at.

There might be a shower or two, but the Met Office is predicting it will be dry.

• Like 1

Can you put some links on the forecasts? all I see are indications of rains most of the day... so not sure who could go against rain predictions in the uk! :)

Terribly sorry Mark and all who organised but I'm not able to make it tomorrow. I've got a bad case of flu and bronchitis and was hoping to be recovered in time but unfortunately not. Have a great comp👍

• Sad 2