BMFA F3F Nationals 20-21st April at the Bwlch

mtreble

Hi Mark,  I did msg you but just incase you didnt pick up. Rob Coles wants to get back into F3F and can do Sunday only if this is OK?

4 minutes ago, Rumbey said:

Hi Mark,  I did msg you but just incase you didnt pick up. Rob Coles wants to get back into F3F and can do Sunday only if this is OK?

I know the question is to Mark but I don't think it would be a problem. 

We need to encourage as many people back into the sport.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Aleix said:

Can you put some links on the forecasts? all I see are indications of rains most of the day... so not sure who could go against rain predictions in the uk! :)

let the games begin 

IMG_1600.jpeg

what’s consensus on tomorrow night …. who wants to do what ….. mike says cheesey beans on toast  alacarte is an open invitation to cristian his new van 👍

• Like 1

Redbird
11 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

what’s consensus on tomorrow night …. who wants to do what ….. mike says cheesey beans on toast  alacarte is an open invitation to cristian his new van 👍

I'm up for all that - without the beans and the toast. 

• Haha 1

mtreble

We rolled up to the wrecker this morning and were greeted with generally clear conditions, with a little but of damp in the air.

The course was set up and we were racing by 10:30 in wind speeds between 9 and 14 m/s.

We flew 5 rounds before a bit of low cloud and light rain came through at about 2:30. This soon cleared by 3 o'clock and we flew another 3 rounds.

Scores after 8 rounds:

1 Mark Redsell 6872.5
2 Andy Burgoyne 6651.37
3 Mike Shellim 6490.46
4 Graeme Mahoney 6456.87
5 John Philips 6370.55
6 Dave Rumble 6306.15
7 Mike Evans 6301.97
8 Mark Treble 6209.38
9 Les Woods 6127.17
10 Bruce Hudson 5990.77

Fastest time: 34.6 by Andy Burgoyne in round 4

Tomorrow looks like sunshine and ice cream, so we shall meet at 9:30 at the T-Junction.

• Like 8

PXL_20240428_1430085092.jpg.a7e2c9380904df78b6c1c0606b9d4174.jpg

Time for afternoon tea and cake.

😁.

(Porthcawl has been a lovely host for 11 nights. Cycling walking flying and eating ice cream.)

Thanks to MarkT for keeping us in order.

A good comp with loads of flying done.

• Like 4

mtreble

As the forecast predicted, it was a nice sunny day today with a good north westerly blow.

We set up on the Ice cream slope, and flew another 5 Rounds before the wind started to turn more westerly and the conditions went increasingly off the slope.

Scores after 13 rounds:

1 Mark Redsell 11646.03
2 Andy Burgoyne 11143.54
3 Mike Evans 11028.25
4 Graeme Mahoney 10966.3
5 John Philips 10879.66
6 Mark Treble 10848.26
7 Mike Shellim 10843.59
8 Dave Rumble 10769.07
9 Bruce Hudson 10282.32
10 Les Woods 9280.43
11 Rob Coles 4459.1

Fastest time: 34.6 by Andy Burgoyne in round 4

Well done Mark, Andy and Mike.

Great to see Rob Coles join us for a day and putting in some good times.

Full results and Photos to follow.

Next Stop - Whitehseet 19th May

• Like 10

Really great to get a decent amount of flying in. Yesterday was particularly good with fairly consistent air, today was typically variable (for ice cream slope)  making it feel like a damage limitation exercise. Thankfully not too bad for me but one or two got more than their fair share of ropey air.

Great to see everyone on the hill though, and big thanks to Mark T and Graeme for keeping things going in occasionally tricky conditions 👍 

• Like 3

paul garnett

Well Done Mark R, looks like a good comp, shame I couldn’t be there, but sunning myself in Cyprus! 

Always a Big thanks to Mark T and anyone else involved in keeping thing running, a sometimes difficult task.
Hope to catch up with you all soon

Yamas

• Like 4

A couple of takeaways from the comp.

Great to see Rob Coles again, it's been too long, let's all hope that Dave can drag along to the next one. (especially as it's his local hill!).

JP flying the Wyvern,

it looked a very competative model, fast and it was turning really well.

For such a bargain price it was certainly an ideal model for anyone looking at having a go at f3f.

IMG_0463.thumb.jpeg.1588901e63026a4f59a8ebda90233435.jpeg.f624ce8e12deefff226ca67de343ce14.jpeg

• Like 2

On 30/04/2024 at 11:03, MikeE said:

Great to see Rob Coles again, it's been too long, let's all hope that Dave can drag along to the next one. (especially as it's his local hill!).

Ha.. thoroughly enjoyed it, esp as i beat Dave on the second day🤣

Have to say a really friendly comp, lots of help and support. I really recommend anyone on the fence about attending should give it a shot.

• Like 5

rc-soar
Posted (edited)

A little late but... really enjoyed what turned out to be a demanding weekend. 

Well done to Mark for his win and to Andy and Mike. It was great to see Rob competing and I hope he'll join us again!

Many thanks to Mark T for his keeping things on track on a tricky weekend.

The only issue was the drop in numbers, clearly this is something we need to address before the blip becomes a trend.

Meanwhile, here are some piccies (there are few pics from day one, as the scarcity of manpower meant that the buzzer button took priority over the shutter button!):

https://rc-soar.smugmug.com/F3F/2024/F3F-Nats

Edited by rc-soar
  • Like 8

MikeE

Good to see the new camera doing it stuff for you.

Nice pics Mike.

• Like 1

Redbird

Thanks for photos Mike.

Should there be a spreadsheet appearing? 

• Like 1